2012 Audi A3 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 11, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for an 2012 Audi A3 are $1,192 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive costs an estimated $206, collision costs $368, and liability costs $460. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $510 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $2,588. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $4,674 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,192
Rate estimates for 2012 Audi A3 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2012 Audi A3 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range go from as low as $510 for the bare minimum liability coverage to the much higher price of $2,588 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences demonstrate why everyone should compare rates for a targeted area and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2012 Audi A3 Insurance
Trying to find better auto insurance rates? Buyers have options when searching for affordable Audi A3 insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents to compare prices or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons. There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance so we’re going to tell you the best way to get price quotes for a new or used Audi and get the cheapest rates from both online companies and local agents.
It’s a good idea to take a look at other company’s rates quite often due to the fact that insurance rates tend to go up over time. Just because you found the lowest price on A3 insurance six months ago you can probably find a better price now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the right way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the more common as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Student in College – Kids in college who attend school more than 100 miles from home and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new car is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a small decrease in premiums on A3 insurance.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- E-sign – Certain companies will give a small break for buying your policy digitally online.
- Memberships – Being a member of certain professional organizations could trigger savings when buying insurance coverage on A3 insurance.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
Check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not apply everywhere.
How to Compare Insurance Coverage Rates
Finding a lower price on 2012 Audi A3 insurance is a fairly straight forward process. Just spend a little time comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The most efficient way to compare a lot of rates at once is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do a different quote for each company you want a rate for. Just one form will get you price quotes instantly. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- A harder way to obtain and compare quotes online consists of visiting each individual company website to complete their respective quote request forms. For instance, let’s say you want to compare Auto-Owners, Safeco and GMAC. You would have to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
Whichever way you use, ensure you’re using identical coverages and limits for each comparison quote. If your comparisons have differing limits it’s impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Audi A3.
Your Audi A3 insurance rate is a complex equation
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that may reward you with lower car insurance prices.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men have accidents at about the same rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Audi earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- With age comes lower rates – More mature drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and are safer drivers. Teenage drivers tend to get distracted easily when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Pay less if you’re married – Being married actually saves money on your car insurance policy. It usually means you are more mature and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – The more you drive in a year the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos left parked in the garage receive lower rates than those used for commuting. Having the wrong rating on your A3 can result in significantly higher rates. Make sure your car insurance policy shows the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is the ISO rating for a 2012 Audi A3?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- When should I not file a claim?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2012 Audi A3?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
The coverage is in the details
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as hitting a bird, hitting a deer, hail damage, falling objects and damage from flooding. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Liability – This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as bail bonds, structural damage and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Medical expense coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses like doctor visits, funeral costs and rehabilitation expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2012 Audi A3.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Collision coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as backing into a parked car, rolling your car and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Be a Smart Shopper
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy cancellation and even delays in paying claims. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company can be less work than you think.
We covered a lot of tips how to lower your 2012 Audi A3 insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional information can be read below:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,884|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,037|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$82|
|5-yr Claim Free||$77|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$49|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.