2012 Ford E-Series Wagon Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 23, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one cherishes buying auto insurance, in particular when the cost is too high. There are many insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, it can be more difficult to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Auto Insurance Prices
There are a variety of methods you can shop for 2012 Ford E-Series Wagon auto insurance but some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can spend countless hours driving to insurance companies in your area, or you could save time and use the internet for quick rates.
Many companies participate in an industry program where insurance shoppers complete one form, and each company then gives them pricing based on the submitted data. This prevents consumers from doing quotation requests to every company.
To find out what other companies charge for 2012 Ford E-Series Wagon insurance click here to start a free quote.
The only drawback to getting quotes like this is that you can’t choose which companies you want to price. So if you prefer to choose specific insurance companies to compare rates, we have a page of the cheapest auto insurance companies in your area. Click to view list.
It’s up to you which method you use, but compare the exact same coverage information with each company. If each company quotes different liability limits it’s not possible to decipher which rate is best.
Take discounts and save
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both the well known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may be able to get a small decrease in premiums for E-Series Wagon coverage.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your policy for E-Series Wagon coverage.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more for E-Series Wagon coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can cost up to 25% less since new cars are generally safer.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Car insurance companies that may have these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not be offered everywhere.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions could help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Impacting insurance rates for a Ford E-Series Wagon
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that help determine the price you pay for insurance. Understanding what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are some of the factors that factor into premiums.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping car theft.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies give lower rates to people who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Being married can save on insurance – Being married helps lower the price on your insurance policy. It translates into being more responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- High deductibles save money – Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are required to spend in the event of a claim. Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply would be colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, or theft. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive for E-Series Wagon coverage.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – Having a bad credit rating is a huge factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower ratings. If your credit can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your 2012 Ford E-Series Wagon by repairing your credit.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are a ton of add-on coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Things like roadside assistance, better glass coverage and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- A clean driving record saves money – Whether or not you get tickets has a big impact on rates. Only having one ticket can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers with flagrant tickets such as DUI or reckless driving are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Many insurance companies give discounts to customers who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal. You may still find better rates by buying insurance from a different company.
Information about specific coverages
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find typical coverage types found on most car insurance policies.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as fire damage, vandalism, hitting a bird and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This protects you from damage or injury you incur to other people or property. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like repair costs for stationary objects, legal defense fees, structural damage, attorney fees and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your 2012 Ford E-Series Wagon.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills like EMT expenses, nursing services, dental work, chiropractic care and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
This coverage pays for damage to your E-Series Wagon resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Saving money makes a lot of cents
Discount 2012 Ford E-Series Wagon insurance can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance coverage companies don’t offer online price quotes and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price.
Additional insurance coverage information can be found at these links:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area