2012 Honda Insight Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 12, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2012 Honda Insight are $1,156 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs an estimated $188, collision insurance costs $350, and liability insurance costs around $460. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $510 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $2,510 or more. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $4,570 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,156
Rate estimates for 2012 Honda Insight Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2012 Honda Insight models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range range from as low as $510 for basic liability insurance to the much higher price of $2,510 for high-risk insurance.
These differences highlight why everyone should compare prices for a targeted area and risk profile, rather than relying on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2012 Honda Insight Insurance
I can’t think of anyone who likes having to buy insurance, especially when their premiums are through the roof.
Many auto insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the best coverage at the cheapest price
Don’t miss these discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the best known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home can help you save on auto insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% on Insight insurance with certain companies.
- Club Memberships – Participating in a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when buying auto insurance on Insight insurance.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers pay much less compared to bad drivers.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of insurers who offer auto insurance discounts, click this link.
Honda Insight insurance rates have many determining factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. Understanding what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that could result in lower insurance coverage prices.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces insurance coverage companies consider when setting premiums.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Pleasure use or commuting – Driving more miles every year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Make sure your insurance coverage coverage is showing the proper vehicle usage. If your policy improperly rates your Insight can cost quite a bit.
- Car features impact rates – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance coverage. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are quite a few additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying insurance coverage. Insurance for personal injury protection, accidental death and term life insurance may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If the Honda Insight earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Many companies provide better rates to people who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
When might I need help?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2012 Honda Insight?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Coverages available on your policy
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability can pay for claims such as court costs, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, structural damage, medical expenses and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Honda Insight.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
This covers damage to your Insight resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as rolling your car, backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a ditch and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for bills like funeral costs, ambulance fees, doctor visits and hospital visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane and fire damage. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Keep this in mind
You just read many tips how you can reduce 2012 Honda Insight insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Discount insurance can be bought from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
More tips and info about insurance can be read by following these links:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,824|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,974|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$79|
|5-yr Claim Free||$74|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$47|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.