2012 Infiniti G Convertible Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 5, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you sick and tired of not being able to afford to insure your Infiniti every month? Your situation is no different than many other drivers.
Companies like State Farm and GEICO constantly bombard you with ads and consumers find it hard to sift through the bull and find the best price available.
If you currently have car insurance, you should be able to reduce your rates substantially using these tips. Choosing the best insurance company for you is not that difficult. Although car owners must understand the methods companies use to market insurance on the web and use this information to your advantage.
Factors that might impact rates for an Infiniti G Convertible
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Higher deductibles cost less – Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Infiniti from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply could be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your car insurance pays a claim. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your car insurance will be on G Convertible coverage.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Credit rating is a huge factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Drivers with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with poor credit. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your 2012 Infiniti G Convertible by improving your credit score.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – The liability section of your policy is the protection if ever a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. It will provide for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Where do you drive? – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the more you will pay for car insurance. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. An improperly rated G Convertible can result in significantly higher rates. Double check that your car insurance declarations sheet shows the correct usage for each vehicle.
Which Auto Insurance is Cheapest?
Shopping for lower auto insurance rates is a ton of work if you don’t utilize the easiest way. You can waste a lot of time talking about coverages with agents in your area, or you can stay home and use online quoting to get pricing more quickly.
Most of the best insurance companies take part in a program where insurance shoppers submit their information once, and at least one company can provide price quotes based on the submitted data. This system prevents you from having to do form submissions for each company.
To submit your quote information now, click here to start a free quote.
The one downside to comparing rates this way is that you can’t choose which carriers to get pricing from. So if you prefer to choose individual companies to receive pricing from, we have assembled a list of low cost auto insurance companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just double check that you are using identical deductibles and coverage limits with each company. If you are comparing different values for each quote you will not be able to determine the lowest rate for your Infiniti G Convertible. Just a small difference in insurance coverages may cause a big price difference. And when comparing auto insurance rates, know that having more price comparisons will increase your chances of finding lower pricing.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Auto insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO consistently run television and radio advertisements. They all seem to say the same thing of big savings if you change to their company. How does each company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver that earns them a profit. For instance, a preferred risk could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Consumers who don’t measure up to the “perfect” profile must pay a higher premium which usually ends up with business not being written. The ads state “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That is how companies can claim big savings.
This illustrates why you should get as many quotes as possible. It’s not possible to predict which auto insurance company will have the lowest Infiniti G Convertible insurance rates.
Pay less for 2012 Infiniti G Convertible insurance
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could trigger savings when shopping for auto insurance on G Convertible coverage.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a discount up to 10% on G Convertible coverage.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will help reduce your premiums.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer these discounts include:
Double check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not apply in every state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions could help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Specifics of your insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can help you determine the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for nursing services, surgery and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims like medical expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, pain and suffering, attorney fees and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your 2012 Infiniti G Convertible.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your G Convertible caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as rolling your car, driving through your garage door, colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from getting keyed, damage from flooding, rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Spend less. Save more.
Cost effective 2012 Infiniti G Convertible insurance can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area