2013 Acura ILX Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 12, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for an 2013 Acura ILX are $1,266 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive costs on average $248 each year, collision costs $400, and liability costs around $460. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $510 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $2,736. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $4,866 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,266
Rate estimates for 2013 Acura ILX Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2013 Acura ILX models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range go from as low as $510 for the bare minimum liability coverage to a high rate of $2,736 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences show why all drivers should compare prices based on a specific location and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2013 Acura ILX Insurance
Purchasing the cheapest auto insurance over the internet is somewhat difficult for consumers not familiar with price shopping online. When there are so many insurers available, how can anyone even start to compare them all to find the best pricing?
Why you might be paying too much to insure your Acura ILX
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to big savings.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” that factor into prices.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Many auto insurance companies give discounts to insureds who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Lower rates come with age – Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims and are safer drivers. Youthful drivers are known to get distracted easily in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Your driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one speeding ticket may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers who get flagrant violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
- Too many auto insurance claims drive up costs – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Car insurance companies provide discounts to policyholders who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. These vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If the Acura ILX scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are a lot of additional coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Coverages for personal injury protection, towing coverage and membership fees may be wasting your money. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – The more you drive in a year’s time the higher your rate. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your auto insurance policy properly reflects the correct driver usage. If your policy improperly rates your ILX may be costing you.
- Being married can save on auto insurance – Being married can get you a discount on your auto insurance policy. It translates into being more mature and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
How to Compare Car Insurance Quotes
Most companies give coverage price quotes directly from their websites. Getting quotes is pretty easy as you simply enter your required coverages as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, the system automatically retrieves your driving record and credit report and generates a price based on many factors.
Online price quotes helps simplify price comparisons, but the time required to go to multiple sites and type in the same information is not the best way to spend an afternoon. But it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible in order to get a better rate.
A less time-consuming method to compare rates utilizes a single form to get prices from a bunch of companies at once. The form is fast, reduces the work, and makes comparison shopping much easier to do. As soon as the form is sent, your coverage is rated and you can choose any or none of the quotes that you receive. If you find a better price you can click and sign and purchase the new policy. The entire process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
If you want to find out how much you’re overpaying now, click here and submit the form. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in your coverages identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list all available discounts very well, so we break down some of the best known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums for ILX coverage.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less for ILX coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can save you money because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in high school.
- Sign Online – A few companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing digitally online.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
Companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
Double check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Savings may not apply in your area.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When choosing adequate coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- What are the best liability limits?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Educate yourself about insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of insurance helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Acura ILX.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Coverage for medical payments – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as hospital visits, funeral costs, ambulance fees and rehabilitation expenses. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding, hitting a deer, hail damage and fire damage. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Auto liability insurance – This protects you from damage or injury you incur to people or other property. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims like structural damage, funeral expenses, court costs, loss of income and legal defense fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance pays for damage to your ILX resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like damaging your car on a curb, backing into a parked car, hitting a parking meter, rolling your car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Affordable insurance is out there
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed collision coverage only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can reduce 2013 Acura ILX insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the lowest premiums are with a lesser-known regional company.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high prices and even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, finding a new insurance coverage company can be easier than you think.
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,004|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,166|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$87|
|5-yr Claim Free||$81|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$53|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.