2013 Ford Fusion Energi Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 17, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2013 Ford Fusion Energi are $1,280 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive insurance costs around $240, collision costs $422, and liability costs $460. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $510 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $2,772 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $4,934 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,280
Rate estimates for 2013 Ford Fusion Energi Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2013 Ford Fusion Energi models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range go from as low as $510 for the bare minimum liability coverage to the much higher price of $2,772 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences illustrate why everyone should compare rates for a specific zip code and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2013 Ford Fusion Energi Insurance
Trying to find lower car insurance rates for your Ford Fusion Energi? Searching for low-cost insurance for your Ford Fusion Energi can turn out to be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks to find lower rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare car insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the best way to compare rates for a new or used Ford and find the cheapest rates.
It is always a good idea to take a look at other company’s rates every six months because prices tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on Fusion Energi coverage a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest and easiest way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Finding the best rates is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a current car insurance policy or need a new policy, you can use these techniques to find better prices and possibly find even better coverage. Drivers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to compare company rates online.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize all their discounts very well, so we break down some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a driver safety course can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Ford could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies who might offer these benefits include:
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your state.
Compare Quotes for Auto Insurance
Getting a lower price on 2013 Ford Fusion Energi insurance is a fairly straight forward process. The only thing you need to do is take the time getting comparison quotes online from several insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in several different ways.
- The first (and easiest) way to get quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This type of form eliminates the need for separate quote forms to each individual auto insurance company. One form submission gets you coverage quotes from multiple low-cost companies.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A harder way to get comparison quotes requires you to visit the website for each individual company to request a price quote. For example, we’ll assume you want to compare USAA, Allstate and American Family. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, which is why the first method is quicker.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The least recommended method to get comparison rates is to spend your day driving to insurance agents’ offices. Shopping for auto insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you require the trained guidance of a licensed agent. You can, however, get the lowest quotes online but still have the advice of a local agent. We’ll cover that shortly.
However you get your quotes, double check that you are using the exact same information for each comparison quote. If you have different limits and deductibles on each one you will not be able to make an equal comparison.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance agents can help
When choosing coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2013 Ford Fusion Energi?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2013 Ford Fusion Energi?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Does my 2013 Ford Fusion Energi qualify for pleasure use?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Coverages available on your car insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance can help you determine the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses for prosthetic devices, nursing services, ambulance fees, doctor visits and X-ray expenses. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your Fusion Energi from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a mailbox and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like pain and suffering, structural damage, funeral expenses and legal defense fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your 2013 Ford Fusion Energi.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hail damage, fire damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Shop Smart and Save
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium and even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, an insured cut liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Cheap 2013 Ford Fusion Energi insurance can be purchased on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,022|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,184|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$90|
|5-yr Claim Free||$83|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$55|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.