2013 Chrysler TC Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 12, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Having to pay for overpriced auto insurance can drain your savings account, especially in this economy. Comparing price quotes is a smart way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
You have so many car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, it can be more challenging to find the lowest rates.
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, buy you may qualify for discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for better auto insurance rates on tC insurance.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- College Student – Any of your kids who are attending college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Multi-car Discount – Having more than one vehicle with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of companies offering auto insurance discounts, click here.
How to Compare Insurance Coverage Costs
There are several ways to compare Scion tC insurance coverage prices but some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can spend your afternoon talking to insurance companies in your area, or you can utilize the internet to get rates in a matter of minutes.
Most major companies take part in a program where prospective buyers complete one form, and each company can provide price quotes based on the submitted data. This system prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions to every company.
To submit your quote information now, click here (opens in new window).
The single downside to pricing coverage this way is you don’t know exactly the insurers to get quotes from. So if you prefer to choose specific insurance companies to compare, we have assembled a list of low cost insurance coverage companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
However you get your quotes, make absolute certain that you use identical coverage limits and deductibles for every company. If the quotes have different limits and deductibles on each one then you won’t be able to determine which rate is truly the best. Just a small difference in coverage limits may cause a big price difference. Just remember that comparing more company’s prices will enable you to find the best price.
Factors determining your Scion tC insurance premium
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. Knowing what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better insurance coverage rates.
The list below includes some of the items used by your company to calculate rates.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on your insurance coverage policy. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature than a single person and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Both sexes have accidents in similar percentages, but men have costlier accidents. Men also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are the most expensive to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
- High deductibles save money – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be on tC insurance.
- Save money with special equipment – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart auto theft.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The more you drive in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Cars that are left in the garage receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Verify your insurance coverage policy is rated on the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect usage on your tC can cost quite a bit.
Your personal situation dictates your coverage
When it comes to buying coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Auto insurance coverage specifics
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the normal coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Coverage for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills for things like X-ray expenses, nursing services and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability coverage – This coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims such as medical services, medical expenses, bail bonds and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as vandalism, damage from getting keyed, damage from flooding and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This gives you protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your 2013 Scion tC.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Frequently these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
A penny earned…
You just learned a lot of ways to get a better price on 2013 Scion tC insurance. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from the least-expected company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When shopping online for car insurance, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price.
Budget-conscious insurance can be purchased on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
More learning opportunities
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area