2014 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 4, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest insurance rates for your BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo? Finding affordable insurance can seem to be hard for people who are new to comparing rates online. There are so many choices that it can be a lot of work to find the best price.
You should make it a habit to check insurance prices at least once a year since insurance rates trend upward over time. Just because you found the best price on 3 Series Gran Turismo coverage six months ago you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the quickest way to get good coverage at a lower rate.
Comprehensive Auto Insurance Comparison Quotes
There are multiple methods to shop for 2014 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo auto insurance, but there is one way that is easier and takes less work. You could spend your day driving to agents in your area, or you can stay home and use online quotes to get the quickest rates.
Most car insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace where insurance shoppers only type in their quote data once, and at least one company returns a rated price based on that information. This eliminates the need for form submissions for each company you want a rate for.
To access this free quoting program, click here to start a free quote.
The only drawback to using this type of form is you can’t choose which insurance companies to get pricing from. So if you prefer to pick specific insurance companies to compare rates, we put together a list of companies who write auto insurance in your area. Click here to view list.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just double check that you are using identical coverages and limits for each comparison quote. If you enter different liability limits it will be very difficult to decipher which rate is best. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits can result in a big premium difference. And when comparison shopping, obtaining a wide range of quotes will enable you to find better pricing.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list all their discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving.
- College Student – Any of your kids living away from home attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less on 3 Series Gran Turismo coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Memberships – Participating in a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break when buying auto insurance on 3 Series Gran Turismo coverage.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your BMW can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you may earn up to 20% off your total premium.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates, click here.
Everyone needs different coverages
When buying the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance ads bend the truth
Companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO continually stream ads on television and other media. All the ads have a common claim that you can save after switching to their company. But how can every company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver that earns them a profit. An example of a preferred risk might be between 25 and 40, is a homeowner, and has excellent credit. Any new insured who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and as a result will probably save when switching.
Potential customers who are not a match for this ideal profile must pay higher rates which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. This is how insurance companies can claim big savings. This illustrates why drivers must compare as many rates as you can. It is impossible to predict which company will fit your personal profile best.
Auto insurance policy coverages for a BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This coverage will cover damage that occurs to other people or property. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like court costs, legal defense fees and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills like prosthetic devices, rehabilitation expenses and doctor visits. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive auto insurance
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like vandalism, a broken windshield, falling objects, hitting a bird and hail damage. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your 3 Series Gran Turismo from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to save on 2014 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo insurance. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small local company.
Cheaper insurance is possible from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional learning opportunities
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area