2014 Cadillac CTS Wagon Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 24, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for better car insurance rates for your Cadillac CTS Wagon? Having to pay for overpriced car insurance can empty your savings account and force you to make sacrifices. Shopping your coverage around is a great way to lower your monthly bill.
You have multiple insurers to choose from, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, it makes it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
Consumers need to check car insurance prices every six months because prices are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the best deal for CTS Wagon coverage six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out the best way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Cut prices on 2014 Cadillac CTS Wagon insurance
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before they will apply.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off for CTS Wagon coverage with a few insurance coverage companies.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Student in College – Youth drivers living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education in high school.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance coverage policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will cut your overall premium however.
To see a list of providers with discount insurance coverage rates, click here to view.
Cadillac CTS Wagon rates are complex
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help determine your insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with better insurance rates.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into rates.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The more you drive each year the higher your rate. Most companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos left parked in the garage qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your insurance policy is rated on the correct driver usage. If your policy improperly rates your CTS Wagon may be wasting your money.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your Cadillac scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are many extra coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Things like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage and term life insurance may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good initially, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Careers like judges, social workers and accountants have higher rates than average attributed to job stress and lengthy work days. On the flip side, occupations like farmers, athletes and the unemployed get better rates for CTS Wagon coverage.
- With age comes lower rates – Older drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets. Teen drivers have a tendency to be more careless behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- Clean credit earns discounts – Your credit history is a large factor in determining your rates. So if your credit score is not that good, you could pay less to insure your 2014 Cadillac CTS Wagon by repairing your credit. People with excellent credit tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions can aid in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Is my 2014 Cadillac CTS Wagon covered for flood damage?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Misconceptions in auto insurance advertisements
Auto insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm continually stream television and radio advertisements. They all seem to say the same thing of big savings after switching to them. How does each company make the same claim? This is how they do it.
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the driver that earns them a profit. An example of a desirable insured might be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no tickets, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who are not a match for the requirements will have to pay a more expensive rate which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “people who switch” not “people who quote” save that kind of money. That’s the way insurance companies can claim big savings.
Because of the profiling, you absolutely need to get a wide range of price quotes. Because you never know the company that will fit your personal profile best.
Insurance coverage specifics
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverage types found on most insurance policies.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Cadillac CTS Wagon.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays for damage to your CTS Wagon caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a mailbox, driving through your garage door and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hitting a bird, fire damage, rock chips in glass, damage from flooding and hail damage. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses like surgery, prosthetic devices and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage can cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things like court costs, structural damage, repair costs for stationary objects, loss of income and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Get your money’s worth
We just covered many tips how you can lower your 2014 Cadillac CTS Wagon insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price.
The cheapest insurance is attainable both online and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional information can be read at these links:
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area