2014 Lexus RX 450h Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 12, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2014 Lexus RX 450h are $1,524 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive insurance costs an estimated $290, collision costs $540, and liability costs $514. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $572 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $3,312 or more. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $5,830 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,524
Rate estimates for 2014 Lexus RX 450h Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2014 Lexus RX 450h models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range go from as low as $572 for only liability insurance to the much higher price of $3,312 for a high risk driver.
These differences illustrate why everyone should compare rates for a targeted area and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2014 Lexus RX 450h Insurance
Are you a victim of an overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us, there are a lot of people just like you who feel imprisoned by their auto insurance policy. You have so many car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, it can be more difficult to find the lowest cost provider.
Verify you’re getting all your discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be available discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but a few must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Student in College – Children who live away from home without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Own a Home – Owning a home can save you money because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts up to 30%.
- No Charge for an Accident – Certain companies allow you one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will bring down the cost of coverage.
Insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your state.
Lexus RX 450h rates are in the details
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that help determine your car insurance rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Car features impact rates – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping auto theft.
- Males pay more for insurance – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are worse drivers. Both sexes are in accidents in similar numbers, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations like lawyers, executives and dentists have the highest average rates because of stressful work requirements and long work days. Other occupations like actors, historians and homemakers get better rates on RX 450h coverage.
- Pay less if you’re married – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your car insurance policy. Marriage is viewed as being more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death and term life insurance may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Your credit rating is a important factor in calculating your car insurance rates. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower ratings. So if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your 2014 Lexus RX 450h by improving your rating.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – The more miles you rack up on your Lexus every year the higher your rates will be. Most companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that are left in the garage get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Improper usage on your RX 450h can cost quite a bit. Verify your car insurance policy is rated on how each vehicle is driven.
When should I talk to an agent?
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you may require specific advice.
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for the lowest price auto insurance by companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads say the same thing of big savings if you change to them.
How do they all make almost identical claims?
Insurance companies can use profiling for the driver they prefer to insure. For example, a profitable customer could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, insures multiple vehicles, and chooses high deductibles. Any driver who matches those parameters will get the preferred rates and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who don’t qualify for these standards must pay a higher premium and ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That is how companies can truthfully make those claims.
This illustrates why drivers must quote coverage with many companies. It’s impossible to know which insurance company will have the lowest Lexus RX 450h insurance rates.
Car insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of insurance helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverages available from insurance companies.
Liability coverage – This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims like court costs, structural damage and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Collision – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your RX 450h caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Lexus RX 450h.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Most of the time these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills like X-ray expenses, dental work, EMT expenses, surgery and hospital visits. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive auto coverage – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as falling objects, vandalism and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Summing up your car insurance search
As you restructure your insurance plan, never buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price.
You just learned some good ideas how you can shop for 2014 Lexus RX 450h insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
To learn more, link through to these articles:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,409|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,604|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$110|
|5-yr Claim Free||$99|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$67|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.