2014 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 26, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Locating the cheapest insurance for your Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback could be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance coverage buying tips and make it easy.
There are more efficient ways to buy insurance coverage so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for your Mitsubishi and find the cheapest rates from both online companies and local agents.
You need to get comparison quotes occasionally since rates change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price for Lancer Sportback coverage last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Don’t believe everything you read about insurance coverage online, so I’m going to show you some tested techniques to find affordable insurance coverage.
Pricing the cheapest coverage is simple if you know the tricks. If you have a policy now or need new coverage, you can use this information to get lower rates and still get good coverage. Drivers just need to understand the most effective way to shop for car insurance online.
Low Cost Auto Insurance
Cutting your auto insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. You just have to spend a few minutes to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
- One of the best ways to find low rates is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This easy form keeps you from doing multiple quote forms for each company. One form submission compares rates direct from many companies. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- A slightly less efficient method to find lower rates consists of going to each company website and fill out their own quote form. For examples sake, let’s assume you want rates from State Farm, Progressive and American Family. To find out each rate you need to spend time on each company’s site to enter your coverage information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
- The most time-consuming way to get comparison rates is to spend your day driving to local insurance agencies. Shopping for auto insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a need for the personal advice that only a license agent can provide. Drivers can compare the best prices online and still use a local agent and we’ll cover that in a bit.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just double check that you are using identical quote information on every quote you get. If you enter differing limits it will be very difficult to find the best deal for your Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback.
Save with discounts on 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback insurance
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you can get discounts to help bring down the price. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but a few need to be specifically requested before you get the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies will give a small break just for signing your application online.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization is a good way to get lower rates on car insurance for Lancer Sportback coverage.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home may earn you a small savings because owning a home shows financial diligence.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurance companies with the best car insurance discounts, follow this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
What auto insurance coverages do you need?
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, falling objects and vandalism. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Auto liability insurance
This will cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims like legal defense fees, medical expenses and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses such as funeral costs, X-ray expenses, nursing services and pain medications. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as rolling your car, crashing into a building and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area