2014 Nissan Cube Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 18, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2014 Nissan Cube are $1,184 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs around $218, collision insurance costs $352, and liability coverage costs around $456. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $508 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $2,562 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $4,614 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,184
Rate estimates for 2014 Nissan Cube Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2014 Nissan Cube models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range range from as low as $508 for a discount liability-only rate to the much higher price of $2,562 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences demonstrate why everyone should compare prices for a specific zip code and risk profile, rather than using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2014 Nissan Cube Insurance
Trying to find the cheapest car insurance rates for your Nissan Cube? Price shopping your car insurance can be a challenge for consumers new to shopping for insurance online. There are so many companies to choose from that it can be a real hassle to find lower rates.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is not that difficult. Essentially everyone who has to buy car insurance will be able to lower their premiums. Nevertheless, drivers must understand how the larger insurance companies market insurance on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
The best way to get rate comparisons utilizes the fact auto insurance companies provide online access to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as if a SR-22 is required, the year, make and model of vehicles, if you lease or own, and how you use your vehicles. That rating data is sent automatically to many different companies and you get price estimates very quickly.
Cut your insurance coverage rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both well-publicized and the more hidden ways to save on insurance coverage.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations could trigger savings on insurance coverage for Cube coverage.
- Driver Safety – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for Cube coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a discount up to 10% for Cube coverage.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance coverage policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts include:
Check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not apply in your area.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Does my 2014 Nissan Cube need full coverage?
- What if I total my 2014 Nissan Cube and owe more than it’s worth?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- If my 2014 Nissan Cube is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Factors that might impact rates for a Nissan Cube
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that come into play when calculating your insurance coverage rates. Understanding what influences your rates enables informed choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Liability insurance will protect you if a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – Insurance companies provide lower rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Never go without insurance – Letting your insurance expire will be a fast way to pay more for insurance coverage. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time.You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department.
- Being married can save on insurance coverage – Having a spouse can actually save you money on insurance coverage. Having a spouse means you’re more responsible it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Whether or not you get tickets has a big impact on rates. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Even a single speeding ticket may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers with dangerous tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Older drivers pay less – Young drivers are statistically proven to be more careless when driving so they pay higher insurance coverage rates. If you’ve ever had to add a young driver onto a policy can break the bank. More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
- Where do you drive? – The more you drive every year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Vehicles left parked in the garage get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your insurance coverage policy properly reflects the correct driver usage. If your policy improperly rates your Cube can result in significantly higher rates.
Do drivers who switch really save $445 a year?
Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. All the companies have a common claim that you’ll save big if you switch your policy. How does each company make almost identical claims?
All the different companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver that earns them a profit. An example of a preferred risk could possibly be between 25 and 40, a clean driving record, and has a high credit rating. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile will be charged a more expensive rate and this can result in business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That’s the way insurance companies can make those claims. That is why you absolutely need to compare many company’s rates. Because you never know which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
What insurance coverages do you need?
Knowing the specifics of insurance helps when choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
This can cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like funeral expenses, structural damage, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your 2014 Nissan Cube.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
This coverage covers damage to your Cube caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as driving through your garage door, colliding with a tree, colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills for things like EMT expenses, doctor visits, chiropractic care and surgery. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Keep this in mind
You just learned many ways to reduce 2014 Nissan Cube insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small local company.
Affordable insurance is definitely available online and with local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like policy cancellation, questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions or being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
More information can be found at the links below
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,875|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,028|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$80|
|5-yr Claim Free||$76|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$48|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.