2014 Nissan Quest Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 5, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Nissan Quest? Locating the cheapest insurance for a Nissan Quest can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our auto insurance buying tips to find lower rates. There are both good and bad ways to shop for auto insurance so you’re going to learn the best way to price shop coverage for your Nissan and obtain the lowest price either online or from local insurance agents.
It’s a good idea to compare prices at least once a year because prices are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the best price for Quest insurance two years ago you can probably find a better price now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the easiest way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
Finding the best rates is quite easy. If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to reduce the price you pay and still get good coverage. Vehicle owners just need to know how to buy insurance coverage online.
The best way we recommend to compare policy rates is to know the fact almost all companies provide online access to provide you with a free rate quote. All consumers are required to do is give the companies some data such as any included safety features, how old drivers are, coverage limits, and how your vehicles are used. Those rating factors gets sent immediately to insurance companies and you get price estimates very quickly.
Can you really save that much by switching?
Drivers can’t get away from ads for car insurance savings by Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to make an identical promise about savings if you move to their company.
How can each company say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver they prefer to insure. For example, a profitable customer could possibly be between 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and chooses high deductibles. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications will get the preferred rates and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who don’t meet this ideal profile will be charged more money which leads to the customer not buying. The ads state “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much money. This is how companies can truthfully advertise the way they do. That is why it is so important to get a wide range of price quotes. It’s not possible to predict which insurance company will provide you with the cheapest Nissan Quest insurance rates.
Complexity of Nissan Quest insurance rates
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance coverage. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get big savings.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your Nissan Quest has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – The majority of insurers give discounts to insureds who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, you still need to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may find better rates by buying insurance coverage from a different company.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Allowing your insurance coverage policy to lapse is a fast way to bump up your insurance coverage costs. Not only will rates go up, but not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are a ton of extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your insurance coverage policy. Insurance for roadside assistance, accidental death and membership fees are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Pay less for Nissan Quest insurance
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the best known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a home can help you save on insurance coverage because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who are attending college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers may receive a discount up to 10% for Quest insurance.
- Accident Waiver – Certain companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Insurance companies that may have these benefits are:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Savings may not apply everywhere.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- If my 2014 Nissan Quest is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Car insurance coverage breakdown
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as legal defense fees, funeral expenses and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Coverage for collisions
This will pay to fix damage to your Quest resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as driving through your garage door, colliding with a tree and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive car insurance
This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hitting a deer, hail damage, falling objects and fire damage. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like hospital visits, prosthetic devices and ambulance fees. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
As you shop your coverage around, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Cheap 2014 Nissan Quest insurance can be found online in addition to many insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, high prices, high rates after DUI convictions and even poor customer service. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider can be less work than you think.
Other learning opportunities
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area