2015 Ford Flex Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 13, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2015 Ford Flex are $1,366 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs around $282 a year, collision insurance costs $474, and liability coverage costs around $452. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $504 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $2,952 or more. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $5,160 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,366
Rate estimates for 2015 Ford Flex Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2015 Ford Flex models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range range from as low as $504 for just liability insurance to a high of $2,952 for high-risk insurance.
These differences highlight why it is important for drivers to compare prices for a specific zip code and risk profile, rather than using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2015 Ford Flex Insurance
Trying to find lower insurance rates for your Ford Flex? Are you intimidated by the sheer number of insurance companies? You have a lot of company. You have so many choices that it can easily become a big hassle to find the perfect company for you.
It’s a good idea to price shop coverage yearly because insurance rates tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the best price for Flex coverage six months ago there may be better deals available now. Starting right now, ignore everything you know about insurance because we’re going to show you how to use the internet to find lower rates on insurance.
The easiest way to get policy rate comparisons is to know the fact almost all companies pay for the opportunity to compare rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide a little information such as what you do for a living, how old drivers are, the make and model of your vehicles, and how much you drive. Those rating factors is automatically sent to many different companies and they provide comparison quotes instantly.
To start a quote now, click here then complete the form.
You probably qualify for some discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list all their discounts very well, so here is a list both the well known and the harder-to-find car insurance savings.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class in school.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who live away from home and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more for Flex coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
A partial list of companies that may offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
Double check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not be offered in your area.
There’s no such thing as the perfect policy
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2015 Ford Flex?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Ford Flex rates influenced by many factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining the price you pay for insurance coverage. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower insurance coverage prices.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Good drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. Even a single citation can increase rates by twenty percent. Drivers who get serious violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more miles you rack up on your Ford in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars left parked in the garage can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Make sure your insurance coverage policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. Incorrect usage on your Flex can cost quite a bit.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Both sexes have accidents at about the same rate, but the males have costlier accidents. They also have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Young males are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- One company can mean more discounts – Many insurance companies will award you with lower prices to customers who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, you still need to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Safer cars protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If your Ford earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a spouse can actually save you money on your policy. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Your location affects your rates – Being located in a small town can be a good thing when buying insurance coverage. Drivers in populated areas tend to have much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer people means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate.
Car insurance coverages 101
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses like chiropractic care, doctor visits and rehabilitation expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like rock chips in glass, vandalism, damage from getting keyed, fire damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability insurance covers things such as pain and suffering, bail bonds, loss of income, court costs and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your 2015 Ford Flex.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Feed the piggy bank
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced collision coverage only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Discount 2015 Ford Flex insurance is available online and with local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to reduce insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even find the lowest rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,157|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,331|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$97|
|5-yr Claim Free||$88|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$60|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.