2015 GMC Acadia Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 29, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2015 GMC Acadia are $1,212 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive costs approximately $228 each year, collision insurance costs $374, and liability insurance costs around $452. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $504 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $2,620. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $4,690 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,212
Rate estimates for 2015 GMC Acadia Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2015 GMC Acadia models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range range from as low as $504 for just liability coverage to a high rate of $2,620 for high-risk insurance.
These differences show why all drivers should compare prices using their specific location and risk profile, rather than relying on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2015 GMC Acadia Insurance
Searching for the cheapest insurance rates for your GMC Acadia? Are you sick and tired of being strong-armed to insure your GMC every month? You are in the same boat as the majority of other car owners. With so many insurance companies to choose from, it is very difficult to locate the cheapest company.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes yearly due to the fact that insurance rates trend upward over time. Just because you had the lowest rates on Acadia coverage two years ago you may be paying too much now. Don’t believe everything you read about insurance on the internet, so by reading this article, you’re going to learn some guaranteed methods to find affordable insurance.
Why your GMC Acadia insurance rates may be high
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Most insurers will give a discount to people who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies award cheaper rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Car insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Pay less after the wedding – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on your policy. Marriage is viewed as being more mature and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- High deductibles save money – The deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, damage from fire, and rolling your vehicle. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance will be on Acadia coverage.
- With age comes lower rates – Older drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel. Young drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your GMC scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
Discounts can save BIG
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about in order for you to get them. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on Acadia coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may qualify for reduced rates on Acadia coverage.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course in driver safety could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of more than 20%.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
Car insurance companies who might offer these benefits include:
- Mercury Insurance
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your state.
Will just any policy work for me?
When choosing coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent.
Auto insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the usual coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your 2015 GMC Acadia.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Acadia caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses such as hospital visits, X-ray expenses and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as vandalism, a broken windshield and hail damage. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Auto liability insurance
This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims such as pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects, court costs and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
More quotes mean more savings
As you shop your coverage around, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
Cheap 2015 GMC Acadia insurance can be found on the web and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Much more information about insurance coverage is located on the following sites:
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Chicago Auto Insurance for a GMC Acadia? (QuoteChicago.com)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,914|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,073|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$83|
|5-yr Claim Free||$77|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$50|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.