2015 Nissan GT-R Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 19, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2015 Nissan GT-R are $1,756 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive costs an estimated $388, collision insurance costs $848, and liability insurance costs $384. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $432 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $3,844. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $6,342 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,756
Rate estimates for 2015 Nissan GT-R Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2015 Nissan GT-R models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range range from as low as $432 for just liability coverage to the much higher price of $3,844 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences show why everyone should compare rates for a targeted area and risk profile, rather than relying on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2015 Nissan GT-R Insurance
Have you fallen victim to an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? Trust us, many consumers feel financially strained by their insurance policy.
You have multiple insurers to choose from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to find the best rates.
It is always a good idea to shop coverage around at least once a year because rates trend upward over time. Even if you got the best deal on GT-R insurance last year you may be paying too much now. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about insurance online, so with this article, you’re going to get the best ways to buy insurance cheaper.
Nissan GT-R insurance rates consist of many parts
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Knowing what influences your rates enables informed choices that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces car insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on your policy. Marriage means you’re more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Driving with no insurance is against the law and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – The liability section of your policy will protect you if you are found liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Small claims can cost you – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Auto insurance companies award better rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
The quickest method we recommend to compare rate quotes takes advantage of the fact almost all companies actually pay money for the chance to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information such as whether your vehicle is owned or leased, your job, how much coverage you want, and how much education you have. Those rating factors is instantly sent to multiple insurance providers and they respond with quotes within a short period of time.
To get price quotes for your 2015 Nissan GT-R, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance.
Discounts mean cheaper Nissan GT-R insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the best known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on GT-R insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Driver Safety – Taking a course in driver safety could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared to bad drivers.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of companies with the best insurance coverage discounts, click here to view.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area.
Car insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the normal coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for expenses such as doctor visits, rehabilitation expenses, nursing services and pain medications. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability insurance will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. It protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as legal defense fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, court costs, emergency aid and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Nissan GT-R.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as rock chips in glass, a broken windshield, hail damage and damage from getting keyed. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
At the end of the day…
Cheap 2015 Nissan GT-R insurance can be found both online and with local insurance agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price.
We’ve covered many tips how you can get a better price on insurance. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from an unexpected company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read in the articles below:
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,769|
|Los Angeles, CA||$3,000|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$145|
|5-yr Claim Free||$118|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$91|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.