2015 Volvo S80 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 15, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2015 Volvo S80 are $1,510 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive costs an estimated $302 each year, collision costs $598, and liability coverage costs $452. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $504 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $3,292. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $5,678 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,510
Rate estimates for 2015 Volvo S80 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2015 Volvo S80 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range go from as low as $504 for the bare minimum liability coverage to a high rate of $3,292 for a high risk driver.
These differences show why all drivers should compare rates for a targeted area and risk profile, rather than using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2015 Volvo S80 Insurance
Buyers have a choice when searching for the lowest priced Volvo S80 insurance. You can either waste hours driving around to get rate comparisons or use the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a better way to buy insurance so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for your Volvo and find the cheapest rates from local insurance agents and online providers.
Consumers should take time to compare prices quite often due to the fact that insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the lowest rates for S80 insurance a couple years back there may be better deals available now. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about insurance on the internet, so with this article, you’re going to get some excellent ideas to stop overpaying for insurance.
How to Get Car Insurance
There are a lot of ways to shop for car insurance, but there is one way that is more efficient than others. You can waste hours discussing policy coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you could save time and use online quotes to get pricing more quickly.
Most of the best insurance companies belong to a marketplace where prospective buyers enter their coverage request one time, and at least one company then returns a price quote for coverage. This prevents consumers from doing quotation requests for every car insurance company. To compare 2015 Volvo S80 rates using this form now click here (opens in new window).
The single downside to pricing coverage this way is you can’t choose the providers you will receive quotes from. If you would rather choose from a list of companies to compare prices, we have a listing of companies who write car insurance in your area. Click here to view list.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make sure you use the exact same coverage limits and deductibles with every price quote. If your comparisons have different deductibles it’s not possible to make a fair comparison for your Volvo S80.
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to a qualifying organization may earn a discount when shopping for car insurance for S80 insurance.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for better car insurance rates for S80 insurance.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more for S80 insurance than less cautious drivers.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies that may have these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Check with each insurance company how you can save money. Discounts might not be offered in your area.
Factors determining your Volvo S80 insurance premium
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what influences your rates enables informed choices that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” auto insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Where you reside plays a part – Residing in a small town has it’s advantages when buying auto insurance. Lower population translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers tend to have congested traffic and a longer drive to work. Longer commute distances translates into higher accident risk.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. If your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your 2015 Volvo S80 by improving your rating. People with good credit tend to be more responsible than drivers with poor credit.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Men and women are in accidents in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI. Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- An active claims history can cost you – Car insurance companies generally give lower rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Volvo from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply would be colliding with a building, damage from fire, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance for S80 insurance.
- Little extras can really add up – There are many extra coverages that you can buy when buying auto insurance. Things like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage and membership fees may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
Your personal situation dictates your coverage
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2015 Volvo S80?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance coverage considerations
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
This protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things like bail bonds, attorney fees, emergency aid, legal defense fees and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your S80 caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle, rolling your car and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hail damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding and hitting a bird. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for expenses such as hospital visits, doctor visits and rehabilitation expenses. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Volvo S80.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Be Smart and Buy Smart
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to lower your 2015 Volvo S80 insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Discount insurance can be found both online in addition to many insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not provide online quoting and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
People switch companies for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy non-renewal and delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is not as hard as you think.
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,385|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,580|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$114|
|5-yr Claim Free||$99|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$70|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.