2016 Ford Fusion Energi Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 17, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2016 Ford Fusion Energi are $1,408 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive costs around $270, collision insurance costs $538, and liability costs around $442. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $496 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $3,070. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $5,352 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,408
Rate estimates for 2016 Ford Fusion Energi Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2016 Ford Fusion Energi models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range range from as low as $496 for basic liability insurance to the much higher price of $3,070 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences demonstrate why everyone should compare prices for a specific zip code and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2016 Ford Fusion Energi Insurance
Searching for cheaper insurance rates? Consumers have many options when looking for the lowest priced Ford Fusion Energi insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents trying to get quotes or utilize the internet to get rate quotes.
There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates so you’re going to learn the best way to quote coverages for a Ford and obtain the best price possible either online or from local insurance agents.
Factors determining your Ford Fusion Energi insurance premium
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that go into determining your car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates enables informed choices that can help you get big savings.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces car insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that you can buy when buying car insurance. Things like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage and motor club memberships are some examples. These coverages may sound good at first, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
- What are your deductibles? – The deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance on Fusion Energi insurance.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If your Ford Fusion Energi is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Mature drivers pay less – Older insureds tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets. Teenage drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- Better credit means lower rates – A driver’s credit history is a huge factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. If your credit is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your 2016 Ford Fusion Energi by repairing your credit. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower credit scores.
Discounts mean cheaper Ford Fusion Energi insurance rates
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but some must be asked for before they will apply. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts when compared with bad drivers.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
For a list of companies who offer insurance discounts, click here.
Insurance myths debunked
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for cheaper car insurance by companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to say the same thing about savings after switching to them.
How does each company make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver that is profitable for them. An example of a profitable customer might be profiled as over the age of 40, has no driving citations, and has a high credit rating. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters will qualify for the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who fall outside the requirements will be charged higher prices and this can result in business going elsewhere. The ads say “people who switch” not “people who quote” save that much. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently make those claims.
That is why drivers must quote coverage with many companies. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Specific coverages for a Ford Fusion Energi
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Ford Fusion Energi.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like falling objects, damage from getting keyed and damage from flooding. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims like bail bonds, emergency aid, legal defense fees, loss of income and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses for things like EMT expenses, nursing services, ambulance fees, prosthetic devices and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Fusion Energi caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a ditch and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Make a quick buck
When buying insurance coverage, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price.
We just presented a lot of techniques to reduce 2016 Ford Fusion Energi insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even find the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier.
Cheaper insurance can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Who Has Affordable San Francisco Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion? (SFAutoGuard.com)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,226|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,409|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$105|
|5-yr Claim Free||$92|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$64|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.