2016 Volvo XC90 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 28, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2016 Volvo XC90 are $1,430 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive costs around $292, collision insurance costs $538, and liability costs around $442. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $496 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $3,106. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $5,384 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,430
Rate estimates for 2016 Volvo XC90 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2016 Volvo XC90 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range range from as low as $496 for just liability insurance to a much higher rate of $3,106 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences highlight why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare prices for a specific zip code and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2016 Volvo XC90 Insurance
Want cheaper car insurance rates for your Volvo XC90? Trying to find cheaper insurance for a Volvo XC90 can be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our car insurance buying tips to find lower rates. There are more efficient ways to buy car insurance and you need to know the proper way to quote coverages for your Volvo and get the lowest possible price from both online companies and local agents.
You should make it a habit to check car insurance prices once or twice a year since rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the lowest price on XC90 insurance a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to find out the fastest and easiest way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is not that difficult. If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these techniques to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. Consumers only need to know the tricks to shop on the web.
Factors determining your Volvo XC90 insurance premium
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get big savings.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your Volvo. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, vandalism, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are required to spend before your insurance pays a claim. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance on XC90 insurance.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Improper usage on your XC90 may be costing you. Make sure your insurance declarations sheet is showing the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Even a single speeding ticket may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get severe violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Most insurance companies give discounts to customers who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to find better rates by buying insurance from a different company.
- Better credit means lower rates – Your credit history is a big factor in your rate calculation. If your credit rating is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your 2016 Volvo XC90 by improving your credit score. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit scores.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
Auto insurance companies do not list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both well-publicized and the more hidden ways to save on insurance coverage. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your policy on XC90 insurance.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums on XC90 insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of insurance companies who offer insurance coverage discounts, click this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do I just need basic coverages?
When buying the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation might need professional guidance.
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Is my 2016 Volvo XC90 covered for smoke damage?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Information about specific coverages
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hitting a bird, fire damage, hail damage, rock chips in glass and a broken windshield. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This will pay to fix damage to your XC90 resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door, rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This coverage can cover damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like funeral expenses, attorney fees, legal defense fees and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for hospital visits, pain medications and dental work. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Volvo XC90.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Money doesn’t grow on trees
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation and even denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
Affordable 2016 Volvo XC90 insurance can be bought both online as well as from independent agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,262|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,448|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$105|
|5-yr Claim Free||$93|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$65|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.