2017 Buick Enclave Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 23, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2017 Buick Enclave are $1,416 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs approximately $298, collision insurance costs $530, and liability coverage costs $430. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $486 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $3,062 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $5,298 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,416
Rate estimates for 2017 Buick Enclave Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2017 Buick Enclave models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range range from as low as $486 for just liability insurance to a much higher rate of $3,062 for high-risk insurance.
These differences highlight why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare rates using their specific location and risk profile, rather than using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2017 Buick Enclave Insurance
Drivers have lots of choices when trying to find affordable Buick Enclave insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a better way to buy insurance coverage and you need to know the quickest way to quote coverages for a new or used Buick and locate the lowest possible price from local insurance agents and online providers.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes once or twice a year since insurance rates trend upward over time. Even if you got the lowest rates for Enclave coverage last year you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about insurance coverage because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the easiest ways to buy cheaper insurance coverage.
Comparison of Insurance Coverage
Finding a lower price on 2017 Buick Enclave insurance can be quick and easy. The only requirement is to invest a few minutes to compare quotes online from several insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to get quotes for comparison is an all-inclusive rate comparison like this one (opens in new window). This easy form eliminates the need for repetitive form entry for each company. Filling out one form compares rates from multiple low-cost companies. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- A more time consuming way to obtain and compare quotes online requires a trip to the website of each company to complete a price quote. For instance, let’s say you want rates from Allstate, Liberty Mutual and Farmers. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just double check that you are using identical coverages on every quote you get. If you have different liability limits then you won’t be able to make a fair comparison for your Buick Enclave.
Lesser-known factors impacting Buick Enclave insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Knowing what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to better insurance coverage rates.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate prices.
- Do men or women drive better? – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean men are worse drivers. Both sexes have accidents at about the same rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If your Buick is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Increase deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your Buick. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be running into the backend of another car, vandalism, and windstorm damage. Your deductibles are how much you are willing to pay before your insurance coverage pays a claim. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance coverage will be for Enclave coverage.
- Pleasure use or commuting – Driving more miles in a year’s time the higher your rate. Most insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Make sure your insurance coverage coverage shows the proper vehicle usage. If your policy improperly rates your Enclave can result in significantly higher rates.
- Pay less if you’re married – Having a spouse can actually save you money on your policy. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Small claims can cost you – Auto insurance companies give cheaper rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Where you live can impact rates – Living in a small town can be a good thing when buying insurance coverage. Lower population translates into fewer accidents. Urban drivers tend to have much more traffic to deal with and longer commutes to work. Longer commute distances translates into higher accident risk.
Get lower rates on Buick Enclave insurance
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked about prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for Enclave coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Buick could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will cut the cost of coverage.
To see a list of insurers with the best auto insurance discounts, follow this link.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Coverages available on your auto insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird, rock chips in glass, a broken windshield and theft. The highest amount your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability insurance – This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 that translate to a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as emergency aid, medical services, attorney fees and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Collision – Collision coverage covers damage to your Enclave resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Insurance for medical payments – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills like dental work, surgery and funeral costs. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your 2017 Buick Enclave.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Most of the time these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Don’t break the bank
Cheap 2017 Buick Enclave insurance is available both online as well as from independent agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies don’t offer online quoting and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
You just read many ideas to lower your insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best prices are with an unexpected company.
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,238|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,421|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$104|
|5-yr Claim Free||$92|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$64|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.