2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD are $1,610 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive insurance costs around $320, collision insurance costs $640, and liability costs $470. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $536 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $3,502 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $6,050 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,610
Rate estimates for 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range range from as low as $536 for the bare minimum liability coverage to the much higher price of $3,502 for high-risk insurance.
These differences illustrate why everyone should compare rates for a specific zip code and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Insurance
Want lower insurance rates for your Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD? Are you regretting the purchase of an overpriced insurance policy? You’re in good company because there are many consumers feeling the pinch from expensive insurance.
Big companies like GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm constantly blast consumers with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to see past the corporate glitz and take the time to shop coverage around.
How to get free insurance quotes online
Comparing insurance rates can be challenging if you don’t utilize the easiest way. You can waste a few hours (or days) talking about coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you can stay home and use online quoting to quickly compare rates.
The majority of car insurance companies belong to a marketplace where prospective buyers send in one quote, and each participating company returns a rated price based on that information. This saves time by eliminating quote requests to each individual insurance company.
To compare pricing enter your zip code here.
The single downside to doing it this way is you are unable to specify which providers to get quotes from. So if you want to select specific insurance companies to compare prices, we have assembled a list of companies who write insurance in your area. Click to enter zip code for insurance companies.
Compare rates however you want, just make darn sure you compare exactly the same coverage limits for every company. If you are comparing differing limits you will not be able to make a fair rate comparison. Just a small difference in coverages could mean much higher rates. And when price shopping your coverage, comparing more rates from different companies helps locate more affordable insurance. Not every company allows you to get online price quotes, so it’s important to compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
These discounts can lower insurance coverage rates
Insurance coverage is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers may be able to get better insurance coverage rates on SilveradoHD insurance.
- Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on insurance coverage because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Save with a New Car – Buying insurance coverage coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a auto insurance quote. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Popular insurance coverage companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for alternative fuel, youthful driver, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, homeowner, and good student.
- Esurance may offer discounts for renters, Pac-12 alumni, paid-in-full, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- State Farm includes discounts for accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, multiple policy, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including membership and employees, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, multi-policy, and military active duty.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for FullPay discount, passive restraint, EZ pay plan discount, auto/life discount, and farm vehicle.
When quoting, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions can help discover whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I rate my 2018 Chevy Silverado 2500HD as pleasure use or commute?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Should I buy full coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete your zip code.
Specific coverages for a 2018 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the usual coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from flooding, vandalism, rock chips in glass and hitting a deer. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as driving through your garage door, sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical expense insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for funeral costs, EMT expenses and pain medications. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Coverage for liability – This can cover damage that occurs to people or other property. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability can pay for claims such as medical expenses, funeral expenses and medical services. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Chevy Silverado 2500HD.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,547|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,751|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$121|
|5-yr Claim Free||$105|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$75|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.