2018 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD are $1,616 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive costs an estimated $356 a year, collision insurance costs $610, and liability insurance costs $470. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $536 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $3,492. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $5,992 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,616
Rate estimates for 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range range from as low as $536 for basic liability insurance to a high of $3,492 for high-risk insurance.
These differences illustrate why it is important for drivers to compare rates for a targeted area and risk profile, rather than relying on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Insurance
Want the cheapest insurance rates for your Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD? Trying to find the cheapest insurance for a new or used Chevy Silverado 3500HD could be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to save time.
There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates and you need to know the best way to price shop coverage for a Chevy and locate the cheapest rates either online or from local insurance agents.
Insurance coverage policy discounts you can’t miss
Insurance coverage is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there are discounts available that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up on their website.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Libery Mutual, GEICO and Allstate permit an accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Have your child sucessfully take a drivers education course if offered at their school.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you the cheapest auto insurance.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Some companies that have some of the discounts shown above include:
It’s a good idea to ask every company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above might not apply everywhere. If you would like to view providers who offer online insurance coverage quotes, enter your zip code here.
Learn how to buy auto insurance for less
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although others are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
The itemized list below are some of the things auto insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
- Get married and get better rates – Walking down the aisle actually saves money when buying auto insurance. It may mean you are more financially stable and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Get a ticket, pay higher prices – Having a clean driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Careful drivers have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Getting just one chargable violation can bump up the cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who get careless violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding are required to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Many companies afford better rates to buyers that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, you may still want to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Deter car thieves – Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent auto theft.
Insurance agents can help
When choosing the best insurance coverage coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if you will benefit from professional help.
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Is my Chevy Silverado 3500HD covered if I use it for business?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Is my 2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD covered for flood damage?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete your zip code. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Coverages available on your policy
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things such as attorney fees, medical expenses, court costs and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Chevy Silverado 3500HD.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage covers damage to your Silverado 3500HD caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door, crashing into a ditch and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed, a broken windshield, hail damage and fire damage. The most your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses such as ambulance fees, pain medications and chiropractic care. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
And the best car insurance company is…
You just learned some good ideas how to lower your 2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance premium rates. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance is with a small local company.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, policy non-renewal, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies is not as hard as you think.
Additional learning opportunities
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,556|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,763|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$118|
|5-yr Claim Free||$104|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$74|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.