2018 Ford Fusion Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 30, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2018 Ford Fusion are $1,452 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive costs around $296, collision costs $582, and liability insurance costs $416. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $474 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $3,158. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $5,436 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,452
Rate estimates for 2018 Ford Fusion Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2018 Ford Fusion models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range go from as low as $474 for only liability insurance to the much higher price of $3,158 for high-risk insurance.
These differences highlight why everyone should compare rates for a specific zip code and risk profile, rather than relying on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2018 Ford Fusion Insurance
Paying more affordable prices for insurance coverage is always nearly impossible for drivers new to comparing rates online. With so many insurers available, it can be a burden to locate the lowest price.
If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using these methods. Shopping for affordable coverage is not that difficult. Nevertheless, vehicle owners need to learn how big insurance companies price insurance differently and apply this information to your search.
Why informed consumers pay less for Ford Fusion insurance
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get better car insurance rates. Lots of factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
- Discounts for theft deterrents – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart theives such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart car theft.
- Your spouse saves you money – Having a significant other can actually save you money on your car insurance policy. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature and insurance companies like that married couples file fewer claims.
- Car insurance rates may be lower depending on your employer – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupational choices like military personnelairline pilots and stock brokers have higher rates than the rest of us attributed to job stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, careers such as actors, students and performers generally pay rates lower than average for Fusion coverage.
- Policy claims cost money – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance companies provide most affordable rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your car insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
Discounts for lower-cost auto insurance rates
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but there may be some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before being credited.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to monitor driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% for Fusion coverage with some auto insurance companies.
- Paperwork-free – Certain larger companies will provide an incentive simply for signing online.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Ford could qualify for slightly better rates than normal.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce your overall bill.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- GEICO may include discounts for seat belt use, five-year accident-free, federal employee, membership and employees, air bags, anti-lock brakes, and daytime running lights.
- Travelers has savings for early quote, payment discounts, new car, continuous insurance, multi-car, driver training, and multi-policy.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for youthful driver, multi-vehicle, safe driver, multi-policy, good student, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, multi-car, safety features, teen driver discount, and newly married.
- American Family offers discounts for defensive driver, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, air bags, good student, and good driver.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, and online signing.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company the best way to save money. A few discounts may not apply to policies in your state. To choose insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts, click here to view.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Brand name doesn’t guarantee savings
Allstate and Progressive seem to constantly run ads on television and other media. All the ads advertise the message about how much you will save if you switch to them. How does every company offer drivers better rates? Just pay attention to how they say it.
All companies have strict underwriting profiles for the type of driver that will not have excessive claims. For instance, a driver they prefer should be between the ages of 30 and 45, has no tickets, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. Any person that hits that “sweet spot” will get very good rates and will also save a lot of money.
Drivers who do not meet this ideal profile must pay higher premium rates which translates to the customer buying from someone else. If you pay attention, the ads say “people that switch” not “everyone who quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way insurance companies can lure you into getting a quote.
This really illustrates why you absolutely need to do a price quote comparison at every renewal. It’s not possible to predict which insurance companies will give you lower rates than your current company.
Tailor your insurance coverage coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Auto insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 which means a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against things like bail bonds, funeral expenses, repair costs for stationary objects and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like damage from flooding, hitting a bird and falling objects. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage covers damage to your Fusion caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree, colliding with another moving vehicle and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Ford Fusion.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Normally the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses for prosthetic devices, dental work, nursing services and surgery. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Saving money makes a lot of cents
People switch companies for many reasons like policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim or even high prices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We just covered a lot of ways to compare 2018 Ford Fusion insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies.
There are still a few companies who don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents. Cheaper insurance can be bought online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture.
Additional insurance information is available below:
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,295|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,481|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$110|
|5-yr Claim Free||$95|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$68|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.