2018 Ford GT Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 1, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper insurance rates for your Ford GT? I can’t think of anyone who likes having to buy insurance, in particular when their premiums are too high. Big companies like GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm constantly blast consumers with catchy ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the promise of big savings and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
You should make it a habit to shop coverage around periodically because insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you found the lowest rates on GT insurance on your last policy a different company probably has better premium rates today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the best methods to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or need new coverage, you can use these techniques to find the best rates and still get good coverage. Finding the best rates is not rocket science. Consumers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to compare rates on the web.
Ways to get insurance price quotes
There are several ways to compare insurance prices and some are easier and takes less work. You can waste hours talking to agents in your area, or you can stay home and use the web to get pricing more quickly.
Many of the larger companies belong to a marketplace that enables customers to submit their information once, and every company can give them a price. This system prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions to each company.
To compare rates now enter your zip code here.
The one disadvantage to using this type of system is you cannot specify the companies you want pricing from. If you would rather choose individual companies to receive pricing from, we have a listing of low cost insurance companies in your area. Click to enter zip code.
However you get your quotes, ensure you are comparing exactly the same quote information with each company. If each company quotes higher or lower deductibles it’s impossible to get a fair rate comparison.
These discounts can lower your car insurance quotes
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list every available discount very well, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on car insurance.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some car insurance companies reward drivers for renewing your policy prior to your current policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as State Farm and GEICO will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Car insurance companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers can get a discount up to 10% on GT insurance.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To choose insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts, enter your zip code here.
Why you might pay increased rates
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in cheaper rates.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine your prices.
- Always keep your car insurance in place – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a big no-no and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in fines or a revoked license.
- Extra policy coverages push up prices – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t diligent. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them remove them from your policy.
- Cheaper to insure gals? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both cause fender benders in similar percentages, but men tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Get better costs if you’re married – Having a significant other may cut your premiums when buying car insurance. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more responsible and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Know your credit score – Having a bad credit score can be an important factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Therefore, if your credit score can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your 2018 Ford GT by improving your rating. People with very good credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with bad credit.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Physical damage protection, aka comp and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be collision with another vehicle, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. Your deductibles define how much the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. The more expense the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for car insurance on GT insurance.
Different people need different insurance coverages
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete your zip code. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Don’t be fooled by advertising claims
Drivers can’t ignore all the ads that claim the cheapest car insurance rates from the likes of State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to make the same claim about how much you will save if you get a free car insurance quote and switch your policy.
How can each company make the same claim? This is how they do it.
Most companies give the cheapest rates for the type of customer that is profitable for them. An example of a desirable insured might be between the ages of 30 and 45, insures multiple vehicles, and has great credit. Any new insured that fits those parameters will probably get cheap prices and therefore will save some money.
Insureds who cannot meet the “perfect” profile may receive higher premium rates which leads to business not being written. The ads say “customers that switch” not “all people who quote” save that much. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently make those claims.
This really drives home the point why you absolutely need to compare rate quotes every year. It’s not possible to predict with any certainty which company will have the best prices at this point in time.
Insurance coverage options for a Ford GT
Having a good grasp of insurance aids in choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverage types found on most insurance policies.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Ford GT.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for expenses for funeral costs, hospital visits, dental work, EMT expenses and nursing services. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like a broken windshield, hitting a bird and vandalism. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability insurance will cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged propery. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for things like court costs, attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects, emergency aid and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your GT resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
A fool and his money are soon parted
Discount 2018 Ford GT insurance can be found from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not provide rate quotes online and these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Even more information is available at these sites:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area