2018 Lexus IS 350 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 19, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2018 Lexus IS 350 are $1,574 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs around $332, collision costs $668, and liability costs around $416. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $474 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $3,432 or more. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $5,832 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,574
Rate estimates for 2018 Lexus IS 350 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2018 Lexus IS 350 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range go from as low as $474 for a discount liability-only rate to a much higher rate of $3,432 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences demonstrate why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare prices for a specific zip code and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2018 Lexus IS 350 Insurance
Trying to find lower auto insurance rates for your Lexus IS 350? Did budget coverage turn out to be an overpriced auto insurance policy? It’s a common feeling and many drivers feel the same as you.
Drivers have multiple insurers to purchase coverage from, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, it can be more challenging to compare company pricing.
You need to get comparison quotes as often as possible due to the fact that insurance prices change quite often. If you had the best price on IS 350 insurance at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the best ways to get good coverage at a lower rate.
Find hidden discounts to get affordable insurance coverage rates
Some companies don’t always advertise every policy discount very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on insurance coverage.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on the same insurance coverage policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less could qualify for substantially lower prices.
- Distant Student – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Telematics Devices – Policyholders that allow their insurance coverage company to monitor driving habits by using a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for better insurance coverage rates on IS 350 insurance.
- Early Signing – A few insurance coverage companies offer discounts for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears you could get a free insurance coverage policy, you’re out of luck.
For a list of companies with the best discounts, follow this link.
Why your insurance prices might be higher
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
The items below are most of the major factors that factor into your rates.
- Younger drivers are expensive to insure – More experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers.Beginning drivers are statistically proven to be more careless when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Add-on coverages that may not be needed – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying if you don’t pay attention. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and membership fees could be just wasting money. They may seem good when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Low physical damage deductibles mean high rates – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and having your car stolen. Deductibles for physical damage tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for auto insurance on IS 350 insurance.
- Safer cars means cheaper prices – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Auto insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, fire damage, a broken windshield and theft. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability insurance – This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like legal defense fees, emergency aid, structural damage, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Lexus IS 350.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses for things like rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses and surgery. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverages – This pays for damage to your IS 350 from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Don’t throw your cash in the trash
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on 2018 Lexus IS 350 insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may discover the lowest car insurance rates come from a small local company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Some insurance coverage companies do not provide rate quotes online and usually these smaller providers sell through local independent agents. Discount 2018 Lexus IS 350 insurance is available online and with local insurance agents, so you need to compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Additional insurance coverage information can be read at these links:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,490|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,694|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$122|
|5-yr Claim Free||$103|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$76|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.