2018 Volkswagen Beetle Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 19, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2018 Volkswagen Beetle are $1,274 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs approximately $260 each year, collision costs $524, and liability costs $354. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $406 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $2,770 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $4,746 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,274
Rate estimates for 2018 Volkswagen Beetle Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2018 Volkswagen Beetle models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range go from as low as $406 for the bare minimum liability coverage to a high rate of $2,770 for a high risk driver.
These differences demonstrate why all drivers should compare rates using their specific location and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2018 Volkswagen Beetle Insurance
No sane person loves paying for auto insurance, especially when they are aware that they could find better rates elsewhere.
Consumers have so many insurers to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to have a selection, it makes it harder to find the best rates for your vehicles.
You need to compare premium rates on a regular basis because auto insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best deal on Beetle insurance six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re going to learn one of the best ways to lower your annual insurance bill.
You may qualify for discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you can get discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies offer discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for reduced rates on Beetle insurance.
- E-sign Discounts – Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application on your computer.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
As a footnote on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- American Family may have discounts that include defensive driver, bundled insurance, air bags, good driver, early bird, accident-free, and Steer into Savings.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple autos, passive restraint, anti-theft, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, and safe vehicle.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for defensive driver, automatic seat belts, student driver, good student, early bird, and air bags.
- Travelers offers discounts including home ownership, multi-policy, save driver, new car, multi-car, good student, and early quote.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for seat belt use, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, driver training, emergency military deployment, and anti-lock brakes.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. A few discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To view companies who offer discounts, click this link.
How to shop insurance online
There are a lot of ways you can shop for insurance but there is one way that is more efficient than others. You can spend countless hours talking to insurance agencies in your area, or you could save time and use online quotes to quickly compare rates.
Many companies participate in an industry program where prospective buyers send in one quote, and each company provides a quote for coverage. This saves time by eliminating quote requests to each individual insurance company.
To find out what other companies charge click here (opens in new window).
One minor caviat to using this type of system is you can’t choose which companies you want pricing from. So if you want to choose from a list of companies to compare, we put together a list of insurance companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just try to keep identical coverages on every price quote you get. If the quotes have different coverage information it will be very difficult to get a fair rate comparison. Slightly different limits may result in large price differences. Just keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons will improve the odds of getting better pricing. Not every company does online rate quotes, so it’s important to also get prices from them, too.
What affects Volkswagen Beetle insurance prices?
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are more transparent like where you live or your commute time.
- Your credit history is important – An insured’s credit score can be a huge factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Therefore, if your credit rating can be improved, you may save money insuring your 2018 Volkswagen Beetle by taking the time to improve your credit score. People with very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit scores.
- Theft deterrents save – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder car theft.
- Drive less and get lower rates – The more you drive every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies apply a rate based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance coverage is rated on how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect rating for your Beetle can cost quite a bit.
- See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – The majority of insurers provide discounts for people who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to help guarantee you have the best rates. You may still be able to save even more by buying car insurance from a different company.
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When buying coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- What happens if I owe more than my 2018 Volkswagen Beetle is worth?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Auto insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like falling objects, hail damage, damage from flooding, vandalism and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like colliding with a tree, colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your 2018 Volkswagen Beetle.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 50/100/50 that translate to a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses, medical services and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses such as doctor visits, X-ray expenses and chiropractic care. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Smart shoppers get results
Cheaper 2018 Volkswagen Beetle insurance can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not provide internet price quotes and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
We just showed you a lot of ways to lower your 2018 Volkswagen Beetle insurance car insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,010|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,175|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$97|
|5-yr Claim Free||$83|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$60|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.