2019 Audi R8 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 1, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for an 2019 Audi R8 are $2,454 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive costs an estimated $574, collision costs $1,306, and liability costs $416. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $474 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $5,396. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $8,686 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $2,454
Rate estimates for 2019 Audi R8 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2019 Audi R8 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range go from as low as $474 for the bare minimum liability coverage to the much higher price of $5,396 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences show why everyone should compare rates for a targeted area and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2019 Audi R8 Insurance
Comparison shopping for cheap auto insurance could be a challenge for drivers who are new to online comparison shopping. With so many companies in the marketplace, it can turn into a real difficult job to find better prices.
Smart consumers take time to shop coverage around on a regular basis since insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you had the best rate for R8 insurance at your last renewal you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the proper way to lower your annual insurance bill.
Buying the best car insurance coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. Just about every driver who is required by state law to have car insurance should be able to find lower rates. Although consumers need to learn the methods companies use to sell insurance online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Get lower-cost insurance coverage with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Full Payment Discount – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies give discounts for switching companies prior to your current policy expiration. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings up to 30%.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow their company to look at where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- E-sign – A handful of larger companies will give a small break get auto insurance over the internet.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
To view insurers who offer online insurance coverage quotes, enter your zip code here.
Insurance coverage quotes comparison
All the larger insurance coverage companies allow you to get insurance quotes online. Getting prices online is quite simple because you just enter the coverages you want into a form. Once you submit the form, their rating system will obtain your credit score and driving record and generates a price based on the data you entered.
This makes it simple to compare prices but having to visit multiple sites and type in the same information can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. Unfortunately, it is important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find a better rate.
There is a better way!
A quicker way to get multiple rate quotes is to use a quote form that gets price quotes from several different companies. This type of form saves time, eliminates repetitive work, and makes online price comparison a lot less work. As soon as you send your information, it is quoted and you can select any or none of the resulting price quotes.
If you find a better price you simply finish the application and buy the new coverage. The whole process takes 15 minutes at the most and can result in significant savings.
To compare rates using this form now, simply enter your zip code here and submit the form. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you complete the form with coverages and limits as shown on your current policy. This makes sure you will have a fair comparison for similar coverage.
Why your insurance rates might be higher
Lots of things are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but some are not as apparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
The items below are some of the major factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Big cities mean more claims – Residing in a small town is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas have more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. Lower population means less chance of accidents.
- Drivers with responsible credit save on insurance coverage – Having a good credit history is a big factor in determining your rates. People that have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with bad credit. If your credit is low, you could be paying less to insure your 2019 Audi R8 by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Males pay more for auto insurance – The statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Both genders tend to get into fender benders at a similar rate, but guys get into accidents with more damage. Men also get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
- lapses raise prices – Allowing your insurance coverage policy to lapse is a fast way to pay more for insurance coverage. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state DMV.
- Know your vehicle’s safety rating – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums.
- Lower rates for married couples – Getting married actually saves money when buying insurance coverage. Marriage means you’re less irresponsible and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Low deductibles mean high costs – The deductibles you choose define the amount you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield broken by a bird, hail damage, or theft of your vehicle. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for insurance coverage for R8 insurance.
- Insurance coverage rates and your occupation – Careers such as military personnelair traffic controllers and accountants tend to have the highest rates because of intense work-related stress and long work days. On the other hand, professions such as professors, historians and the unemployed pay lower than average rates for R8 insurance.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out your zip code.
Can you really save $426 a year?
Big name companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive endlessly run television and radio advertisements. They all make the point that drivers can save some big amount if you move to them. But how can every company have lower policy pricing? It’s all in how they say it.
Different companies quote the lowest rates for the driver that earns them the most money. For instance, a desirable insured could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 45, has no tickets, and drives newer vehicles. Any customer that matches those criteria will probably get the lowest premium rates as well as save if they switch.
Consumers who don’t measure up to these standards will have to pay a higher premium with the end result being business going elsewhere. The trick is to say “drivers that switch” not “all people who quote” save the amount stated. This is how companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings.
Different companies use different criteria so you really need to do a quote comparison often. Because without a comparison, you cannot know with any certainty which company will fit you best based on your risk profile.
The coverage is in the details
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses like EMT expenses, hospital visits, pain medications and X-ray expenses. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims such as court costs, attorney fees and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a ditch, rolling your car and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from flooding, vandalism, theft, damage from getting keyed and fire damage. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Audi R8.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
In the end, you save
When you buy auto insurance online, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost.
The cheapest 2019 Audi R8 insurance is available online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices and policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching insurance companies is actually quite simple.
More learning opportunities
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$3,879|
|Los Angeles, CA||$4,197|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$212|
|5-yr Claim Free||$166|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$134|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.