2019 FIAT 500L Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 1, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2019 FIAT 500L are $1,364 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive costs an estimated $256 each year, collision costs $478, and liability costs around $450. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $518 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $2,952. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $5,228 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,364
Rate estimates for 2019 FIAT 500L Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2019 FIAT 500L models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range go from as low as $518 for just liability insurance to a high rate of $2,952 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences illustrate why all drivers should compare prices for a targeted area and risk profile, instead of using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2019 FIAT 500L Insurance
Searching for low-cost insurance for a FIAT 500L could be difficult, but you can follow the following methods and make it easy.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for auto insurance so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to compare rates on a FIAT and obtain the lowest price.
How to find cheap insurance coverage
Shopping for lower insurance coverage rates is a ton of work if you aren’t aware of the easiest way. You could spend the better part of a day discussing policy coverages with agents in your area, or you can stay home and use the web to get pricing more quickly.
The majority of car insurance companies participate in a marketplace where prospective buyers complete one form, and each participating company can provide price quotes based on that information. This prevents consumers from doing quotation requests to every company.
To compare rates now enter your zip code here.
The one disadvantage to using this type of system is you are unable to specify which providers you want pricing from. So if you prefer to choose from a list of companies to compare prices, we have assembled a list of companies who write insurance coverage in your area. Click to enter zip code.
The approach you take is up to you, just ensure you are comparing the same deductibles and coverage limits for every quote you compare. If the quotes have higher or lower deductibles you will not be able to make a fair rate comparison.
Lower-cost auto insurance quotes with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Own a Home – Owning a house can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease on 500L coverage with some auto insurance companies.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable their auto insurance company to analyze where and when they drive remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for reduced rates on 500L coverage.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should sucessfully take a drivers education course if it’s offered in school.
- Early Switch Discount – Select insurance companies give a discount for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount should definitely cut your auto insurance premiums.
If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts, enter your zip code here.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete your zip code. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
How do car insurance companies determine FIAT 500L insurance rates?
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but other factors are less obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.It’s important that you understand the rating factors that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you big savings.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors companies use to determine rates.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims don’t be surprised to see either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies generally give discounts to drivers who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Combining policies can get discounts – Most larger insurers allow lower prices to people who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s always a smart idea to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal.
- Is you job costing you more? – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers such as judgesair traffic controllers and accountants usually pay higher average rates attributed to intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, occupations like professors, students and retirees have lower than average premiums on 500L coverage.
- Younger drivers pay high prices – Young drivers are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure and get fewer tickets.
- Rural areas have lower rates – Being located in a small town has definite advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Residents of big cities have to deal with much more traffic and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Do women or men drive better? – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Both genders tend to get into at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets such as reckless driving. Male teenagers cause the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
Specific coverages for a 2019 FIAT 500L
Knowing the specifics of insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hail damage, hitting a bird, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and theft. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for bills for rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices and hospital visits. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Coverage for collisions
This covers damage to your 500L resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability auto insurance
This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged propery. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things such as court costs, funeral expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible.
Quote more. Save more.
We covered many ideas to save on 2019 FIAT 500L insurance. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company.
When getting auto insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests, policy cancellation and being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching insurance companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,154|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,331|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$97|
|5-yr Claim Free||$87|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$59|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.