2019 Ford F-150 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2019 Ford F-150 are $1,298 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs around $294 each year, collision insurance costs $448, and liability costs $398. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $460 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $2,782 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $4,828 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,298
Rate estimates for 2019 Ford F-150 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2019 Ford F-150 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range range from as low as $460 for the bare minimum liability coverage to a high rate of $2,782 for high-risk insurance.
These differences highlight why all drivers should compare rates for a specific zip code and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2019 Ford F-150 Insurance
I can’t think of anyone who likes paying for auto insurance, especially when they are aware that their premiums are too high.
Since you have so many companies to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to find a more affordable insurer.
Consumers should take time to do rate comparisons as often as possible because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the best deal on F-150 coverage a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. You can search a lot of auto insurance on the internet, but I’m going to show you a bunch of ideas how to reduce your auto insurance bill.
Buying car insurance is quite easy. Essentially every driver who carries insurance coverage will be able to reduce their rates. But car owners benefit from understanding the methods companies use to market on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Four factors that impact insurance costs
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that could result in better car insurance rates.
- Extra coverages can add up – There are many extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your car insurance policy. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and extra life insurance coverage may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
- Insure your auto and home with one company – Most larger car insurance companies give a discount to insureds who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still get quotes from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Car insurance rates and age – Teenage drivers tend to be inattentive when driving with friends therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Your location is important – Having an address in less populated areas of the country has definite advantages when it comes to car insurance. Lower population corresponds to lower accident rates. Urban drivers have to deal with more road rage incidents and a longer drive to work. More time behind the wheel means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Find discounts on auto insurance
Companies don’t always advertise all disounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to you.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow companies to look at driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get discounted auto insurancerates on garaged vehicles.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple cars with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Professional Organizations – Being in a civic or occupational organization could trigger savings on auto insurance.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will help lower the amount you pay for coverage.
Some of the larger companies who may offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
If you are trying to find affordable auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in your area. To view insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above, enter your zip code here.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When buying coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- What is the ISO rating for a 2019 Ford F-150?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out your zip code.
Auto insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Medical expense insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as EMT expenses, nursing services and chiropractic care. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability coverage – Liability coverage can cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability coverage pays for things like medical expenses, medical services, emergency aid and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Ford F-150.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as a broken windshield, damage from a tornado or hurricane and damage from flooding. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision – This pays for damage to your F-150 caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like scraping a guard rail, rolling your car and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Shop smart and save
We’ve covered many ideas to shop for 2019 Ford F-150 insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. They often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Cheap 2019 Ford F-150 insurance is possible online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not have internet price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,055|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,220|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$91|
|5-yr Claim Free||$82|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$57|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.