2019 GMC Terrain Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2019 GMC Terrain are $1,304 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs approximately $294 each year, collision costs $536, and liability costs around $338. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $394 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $2,822 or more. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $4,780 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,304
Rate estimates for 2019 GMC Terrain Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2019 GMC Terrain models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range go from as low as $394 for just liability insurance to a high rate of $2,822 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences highlight why all drivers should compare prices using their specific location and risk profile, instead of using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2019 GMC Terrain Insurance
Purchasing lower-cost insurance coverage might seem problematic for drivers new to quoting and comparing and buying insurance coverage on the internet. With a ridiculous number of insurance companies available, how can anyone be able to compare them all to find cheaper insurance coverage rates?
How to buy insurance coverage
Most major insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive provide prices for coverage online. Getting prices online is very simple as you just type in your coverage information into a form. After you submit the form their rating system will obtain reports for credit and driving violations and provides a quote based on these and other factors.
Online quotes simplifies rate comparisons, but having to visit multiple sites and type in the same data is repetitive and time-consuming. But it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find a lower rate.
There is an easier way!
A better way to lower your insurance coverage bill uses one simple form that gets prices from several companies at one time. It’s a real time-saver, eliminates repetitive work, and makes comparison shopping a lot less work. After sending the form, it gets priced and you can choose any or none of the pricing results. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you simply finish the application and purchase the new policy. The whole process can be completed in a matter of minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To save time and get comparison pricing now, simply enter your zip code here and submit the form. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate your coverages identical to your current policy. This makes sure you will receive a price comparison for similar coverage.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there may be some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get reduced rates for Terrain insurance.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less for Terrain insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles can earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
To view insurance companies that offer multiple discounts, enter your zip code here.
What affects GMC Terrain insurance prices?
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that go into determining your insurance coverage rates. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in lower insurance coverage prices. Many different elements are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
- Where you live can impact costs – Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers regularly have more auto accidents and longer commutes to work. The longer drive time means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies award better rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Poor credit decisions can cost you – Credit history is a large factor in calculating your insurance coverage rates. Therefore, if your credit can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2019 GMC Terrain by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds that have good credit tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with bad credit.
- Car and home together may be cheaper – Many insurers give lower prices to customers that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions can help discover if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2019 GMC Terrain?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and enter your zip code.
Auto insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
This coverage pays for damage to your Terrain caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things like hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a ditch and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses like prosthetic devices, nursing services and EMT expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass and hitting a bird. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability car insurance
This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as structural damage, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
A little work can save a LOT of money
In this article, we presented many ways to shop for 2019 GMC Terrain insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest insurance. You may be surprised to find that the lowest prices are with a small local company.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service or even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, finding a new auto insurance company can be easier than you think.
Budget-conscious 2019 GMC Terrain insurance can be purchased both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,058|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,232|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$99|
|5-yr Claim Free||$85|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$62|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.