2019 Honda Accord Hybrid Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2019 Honda Accord Hybrid are $1,492 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive costs approximately $332, collision costs $686, and liability costs around $338. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $394 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $3,248. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $5,414 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,492
Rate estimates for 2019 Honda Accord Hybrid Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2019 Honda Accord Hybrid models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range go from as low as $394 for a discount liability-only rate to the much higher price of $3,248 for a high risk driver.
These differences demonstrate why everyone should compare prices using their specific location and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2019 Honda Accord Hybrid Insurance
Having to pay for high-priced Honda Accord Hybrid insurance can empty your savings account and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Comparing price quotes can lower your rates and help to ensure you are getting the best deal.
Since you have so many choices, it’s difficult to find the most cost effective insurer.
Quote insurance online
There are several ways to get quotes from many available insurance companies in your state. The recommended way to find competitive Honda Accord Hybrid insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. This is quite simple and can be completed in several different ways.
- If you are pressed for time, the simplest way consumers can make multiple comparisons is an all-inclusive rate comparison. This quick form prevents you from having to do boring form submissions for each company. Just one form will get you price quotes from multiple low-cost companies.
- Another way to compare rate quotes requires visiting the website of each company and fill out a new quote form. For example, we’ll pretend you are doing a rate comparison from Nationwide, State Farm and GMAC. You would need to spend time on each company’s site to enter the same coverage data repeatedly, which is why most consumers use the first method.
How you compare quotes is your choice, just make absolute certain that you use nearly identical deductibles and coverage limits with every price quote. If the quotes have different data it will be very difficult to decipher which rate is best. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits can result in a big premium difference. And when price shopping your coverage, having more price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding lower pricing. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide rate quotes online, so it’s recommended that you also compare rates from them as well.
Lower your insurance rates
Many things are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or how safe your car is.
- How old are your drivers? – Drivers with little experience are statistically proven to be easily distracted in a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher. Older people are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Men drivers tend to cost more – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. They both are responsible for at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. They also have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop vehicle theft.
- Safety ratings are a factor – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety protect occupants better and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Honda Accord Hybrid has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may be receiving a better rate.
- Liability insurance – Liability insurance will provide protection when a court rules you are at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. It provides legal defense which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- No claims equals lower premiums – Auto insurance companies generally give better rates to drivers who do not file claims often. If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Save a ton by earning discounts
Some providers don’t list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy insurance online.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Multi-line Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give lower premium rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on the same insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current expiration date. You could save around 10% when you buy insurance online.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Larger insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for switch companies, bundle discounts, multi-car, mature driver, and early shopping.
- State Farm discounts include defensive driving training, student away at school, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, accident-free, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for teen driver discount, exclusive group savings, new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, new move discount, newly retired, and newly married.
- MetLife offers discounts including good student, multi-policy, accident-free, good driver, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with each company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. To choose providers with discount rates, enter your zip code here.
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing the best insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and enter your zip code.
What insurance coverages do you need?
Understanding the coverages of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find typical coverages available from insurance companies.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Accord Hybrid from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with a tree, driving through your garage door and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, falling objects and damage from flooding. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your 2019 Honda Accord Hybrid.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses like doctor visits, nursing services, hospital visits, chiropractic care and rehabilitation expenses. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. It protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged propery. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, attorney fees, pain and suffering and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Make a quick buck
Lower-priced auto insurance is possible from both online companies and with local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to reduce 2019 Honda Accord Hybrid insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,355|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,550|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$119|
|5-yr Claim Free||$99|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$75|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.