2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe are $1,362 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs an estimated $270, collision costs $536, and liability coverage costs $398. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $460 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $2,962 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $5,138 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,362
Rate estimates for 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range go from as low as $460 for just liability insurance to the much higher price of $2,962 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences highlight why everyone should compare rates for a targeted area and risk profile, rather than using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
Trying to find cheap insurance may be challenging for drivers who have little experience quoting and comparing prices online. With so many options of online companies, it can quickly become a lot of work to find the lowest price.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using this information. The purpose of this post is to teach you the most effective way to quote insurance and some tips to save money. Although drivers do need to know the way companies determine prices and use this information to your advantage.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Distant College Student Discount – who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car can get you a discount since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best insurance rates when compared with bad drivers.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote insurance for Santa Fe insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Hyundai could qualify for lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Multi-line Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better insurancerates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow driving data submission to track driving manner by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a small decrease in premiums for Santa Fe insurance.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
Large insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple autos, good driver, defensive driving training, student away at school, good student, multiple policy, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for business and professional, youthful driver, good student, electronic funds transfer, early shopping, and distant student.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for good student, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, federal employee, and daytime running lights.
- American Family discounts include accident-free, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, good student, and early bird.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including good student, defensive driving, business or organization, family plan, anti-theft, and easy pay.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, good student, and continuous coverage.
Before buying, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area.
The best way to compare policy rates is to know the trick most of the bigger providers have advanced systems to quote your coverage. The one thing you need to do is give the companies some data including if the vehicle is leased, how old drivers are, how many miles driven, and your general credit rating. Those rating factors gets transmitted to many different companies and they return rate quotes almost instantly.
To compare rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance.
Get cheaper insurance premiums by understanding these factors
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but others are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your commute time.Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that go into determining auto insurance rates. When you understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you cheaper rates.
- Reduce prices by driving vehicles with better crash test results – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Safer cars reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Hyundai Santa Fe has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Don’t cut corners with liability protection – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you when you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Younger driver insurance premiums – Older insureds tend to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure , and usually have better credit.Drivers with little experience tend to be easily distracted behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher.
- Good drivers pay better costs – Having a single citation may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than bad drivers. Drivers with flagrant violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Your credit history is important – Credit rating is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit score is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
Insurance is unique, just like you
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe to commute?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out your zip code.
Can switching companies really save?
Companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO continually stream television and radio advertisements. They all seem to make the promise about how much you will save if you get a free insurance quote and switch your coverage. How can each company charge less that you’re paying now? This is the trick they use.
Insurance providers have specific guidelines for the type of driver that will generate a profit. One example of a profitable risk profile might have to be a mature driver, is a homeowner, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. A propective insured that fits those parameters will qualify for the lowest prices and is almost guaranteed to save some money.
Drivers who don’t measure up to those standards must pay higher premium rates which results in business going elsewhere. The wording the ads use say “drivers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” will save that much if they switch. That’s why insurance companies can make the claims of big savings.
This really emphasizes why it’s extremely important to get insurance quotes from several different companies. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will have the lowest rate quotes.
Auto insurance coverages and their meanings
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Auto liability – This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims like attorney fees, emergency aid, legal defense fees, loss of income and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverage – This will pay to fix damage to your Santa Fe from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as backing into a parked car, sideswiping another vehicle and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical expense insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for expenses for things like EMT expenses, prosthetic devices, ambulance fees and pain medications. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Hyundai Santa Fe.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Normally the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like fire damage, theft, a broken windshield, hitting a bird and rock chips in glass. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Some insurance providers do not provide rates over the internet and usually these smaller companies sell through independent agencies. Cheaper 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe insurance can be bought from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
We just covered a lot of ways to compare 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe insurance car insurance rates online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive insurance. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from a smaller regional carrier.
Additional insurance coverage information is located below:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,154|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,328|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$102|
|5-yr Claim Free||$88|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$63|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.