2019 Kia Sorento Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2019 Kia Sorento are $1,386 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive costs approximately $294 a year, collision insurance costs $536, and liability costs $398. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $460 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $3,002. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $5,176 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,386
Rate estimates for 2019 Kia Sorento Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2019 Kia Sorento models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range range from as low as $460 for a discount liability-only rate to a high of $3,002 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences illustrate why it is important for drivers to compare rates using their specific location and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2019 Kia Sorento Insurance
Finding low-cost insurance for a Kia Sorento can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can use our insurance coverage buying tips to save time. There is a better way to shop for insurance coverage and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to compare rates for your Kia and get the lowest price from local insurance agents and online providers.
It is always a good idea to price shop coverage every six months since prices change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price for Sorento insurance at your last renewal other companies may now be cheaper. Don’t believe everything you read about insurance coverage out there, but I’m going to show you some of the best techniques to put money back in your pocket.
If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, you will benefit by learning to reduce the price you pay while maximizing coverage. Buying the best insurance is simple if you know the tricks. Drivers just need to know the best way to find the lowest price on the web.
Compare insurance price quotes
Lowering your 2019 Kia Sorento insurance rates is a great way to save money. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing price quotes online from several insurance companies. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- If you don’t have a lot of time, the easiest way consumers can make multiple comparisons is a comparison rater form. This quick form keeps you from doing repetitive form submissions for every insurance company. Completing one form will return price quotes direct from many companies.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A different way to find lower rates requires a trip to each company’s website and repeat the quote process again and again. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from GEICO, Progressive and American Family. To do that, you would have to go to each individual site to input your insurance information, which can get old fast.
- The most time-consuming method to comparison shop is calling or driving to insurance agencies in your area. Comparing rate quotes online makes this unnecessary unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional assistance that only an agent can give. Although you can obtain prices from the web and get advice from an agent in your area.
However you get your quotes, make absolute certain that you use identical quote information with every price quote. If you are comparing different coverage information you will not be able to determine which rate is truly the best.
Don’t be fooled by advertising claims
Drivers can’t get away from ads for car insurance savings by companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all make an identical promise that drivers can save some big amount just by moving to them.
How does each company give you a better price? It’s all in the numbers.
Companies have a preferred profile for the driver that will be a good risk. An example of a driver they prefer could be a female over age 40, has no driving citations, and drives newer vehicles. Any driver that meets those criteria receives the best auto insurance rates and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Drivers who do not meet those standards may be forced to pay higher premiums and ends up with the prospect going elsewhere. If you listen closely, the ads state “people that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” can save as much as they claim. That is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do. This emphasizes why you absolutely need to do a price quote comparison at every renewal. It is just not possible to predict which insurance companies will have the lowest rate quotes.
Save money with discounts
Some companies don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy insurance online. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Paperwork-free – Many companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on the internet.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle with the same auto insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO and Allstate may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow driving data collection to track their driving habits by using a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching policies before your current coverage expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
To see insurance companies that offer many of these discounts, enter your zip code here.
What is the best insurance coverage coverage?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete your zip code. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance coverages 101
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision insurance covers damage to your Sorento from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your 2019 Kia Sorento.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Coverage for liability
This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims like legal defense fees, bail bonds, funeral expenses, emergency aid and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage, fire damage and damage from flooding. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses for things like dental work, prosthetic devices, rehabilitation expenses, doctor visits and pain medications. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
In the end, you save
Low-cost 2019 Kia Sorento insurance is definitely available both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote insurance with both to have the best selection. Some companies do not provide online quoting and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers or even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to compare 2019 Kia Sorento insurance car insurance rates online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the best car insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,193|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,373|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$102|
|5-yr Claim Free||$89|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$64|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.