2019 Kia Soul Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2019 Kia Soul are $1,316 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive costs around $282, collision insurance costs $478, and liability costs $398. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $460 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $2,836. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $4,924 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,316
Rate estimates for 2019 Kia Soul Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2019 Kia Soul models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range range from as low as $460 for the bare minimum liability coverage to a much higher rate of $2,836 for a high risk driver.
These differences show why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare rates for a specific zip code and risk profile, instead of using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2019 Kia Soul Insurance
Searching for cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Kia Soul? Locating cheaper insurance for a Kia Soul could be an all-consuming task, but you can use our insurance coverage buying tips to find lower rates.
There is a better way to compare insurance coverage rates so you’re going to learn the proper way to quote coverages for your Kia and get the lowest price from local insurance agents and online providers.
It’s a great practice to check insurance coverage prices quite often because insurance coverage prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the best rates on Soul coverage a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance coverage because I’m going to teach you how to use the internet to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
If you have insurance now or need a new policy, you can use these techniques to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. Pricing the lowest cost protection is quite easy. Drivers just need to learn the proper methods to compare prices over the internet.
How to lower your car insurance cost
Finding a better price on car insurance is not a difficult process. Just spend a few minutes on the computer to compare rate quotes online with multiple companies. You can get a good selection of rate quotes using a couple different methods.
- The fastest way consumers can analyze rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison. This easy form saves time by eliminating multiple quote forms to each individual car insurance company. In just a few minutes this one form gets you price quotes direct from many companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A more time consuming way to obtain and compare quotes online requires visiting each company’s website and fill out their own quote form. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want to see prices from Farmers, Progressive and GEICO. In order to get each rate, you would have to spend time going to each site individually and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
- Even if you have time, the least recommended method to find cheaper rates is to spend your day driving to and from local insurance agencies. Comparing rates online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the personal advice of a local agent. Although you can comparison shop your insurance online but buy the policy through an agent.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make sure you compare apples-to-apples quote information for every quote you compare. If you compare differing limits you will not be able to make a fair comparison for your Kia Soul.
These eight discounts can reduce car insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the next list breaks down some of the best known as well as some of the hidden car insurance savings.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance carriers reward you with lower premium rates if you buy life insurance.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car may earn a small discount since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a slight reduction on a car insurance quote on Soul coverage.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Distant Student – who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- GEICO offers premium reductions for driver training, air bags, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO offers discounts for drive less, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, multi-car, teen safe driver, and anti-theft.
- State Farm includes discounts for defensive driving training, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, and driver’s education.
- MetLife has discounts for defensive driver, good student, multi-policy, good driver, and accident-free.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, early bird, student driver, driver training, anti-lock brakes, and good student.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, and continuous coverage.
Check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions might point out whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out your zip code. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Learn about insurance coverages for a Kia Soul
Understanding the coverages of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability auto insurance
This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things like repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses, court costs and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for bills such as funeral costs, pain medications, X-ray expenses, nursing services and doctor visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft, fire damage, a broken windshield and hitting a deer. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This covers damage to your Soul from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like colliding with a tree, colliding with another moving vehicle and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Frequently these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,079|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,250|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$94|
|5-yr Claim Free||$84|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$59|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.