2019 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 1, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2019 Mercedes-Benz SL 450 are $1,960 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive costs an estimated $482, collision insurance costs $922, and liability costs around $398. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $460 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $4,258. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $6,968 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,960
Rate estimates for 2019 Mercedes-Benz SL 450 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2019 Mercedes-Benz SL 450 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range range from as low as $460 for only liability insurance to the much higher price of $4,258 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences show why everyone should compare prices for a targeted area and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2019 Mercedes-Benz SL 450 Insurance
Consumers have lots of choices when looking for the lowest priced Mercedes-Benz SL-Class insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to compare prices or save time using the internet to compare rates. There is a better way to find auto insurance online so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to quote coverages on a Mercedes-Benz and locate the lowest price from local insurance agents and online providers.
If you are insured now or need a new policy, you can use these tips to reduce the price you pay and still get good coverage. This information will help educate you on how to effectively get price quotes and some tips to save money. Drivers only need to know the tricks to get comparison rates online.
Save money with these tips
Many factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but other criteria are less apparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven.It’s important that you understand some of the elements that help calculate the rates you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with big savings.
- Youthful driver insurance prices – Older insureds tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims and receive fewer citations.Drivers with little experience are proven to be easily distracted when behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher.
- Lower premiums for safer vehicles – Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Mercedes-Benz SL-Class scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
- Do you really need to file that insurance claims? – Insurance companies generally give discounts to drivers who are claim-free. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Premiums increase with driving tickets – Even one chargable violation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have received dangerous violations such as reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s licensing department in order to keep their license.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there are discounts available that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a course teaching safe driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- No Claims – Drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Paperless Signup – Certain auto insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy over the internet.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from home without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring all your vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote insurance for SL-Class insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow driving data submission to monitor driving patterns remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
Just know that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for safe vehicle, passive restraint, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, driver’s education, and multiple autos.
- Nationwide offers discounts for business or organization, defensive driving, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including membership and employees, daytime running lights, driver training, multi-vehicle, and federal employee.
- AAA discounts include good driver, AAA membership discount, multi-car, multi-policy, education and occupation, anti-theft, and good student.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for 55 and older, air bags, theft prevention, homeowners, good student, and teen driver.
- The Hartford may include discounts for driver training, good student, anti-theft, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and bundle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies how many discounts you can get. Some credits might not be offered in your state. To locate insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates, enter your zip code here.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When it comes to choosing coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is no-fault insurance?
- If my 2019 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete your zip code. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like medical services, medical expenses and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive auto insurance
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as theft, a broken windshield, damage from flooding and hail damage. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage protection
This covers damage to your SL-Class from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like colliding with a tree, hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Mercedes-Benz SL-Class.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Coverage for medical expenses
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses for nursing services, funeral costs, ambulance fees and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Do the work, save more money
We’ve covered a lot of information how to save on 2019 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from a small mutual company.
Some insurance providers may not provide price quotes online and usually these smaller companies sell through independent agents. Lower-priced 2019 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class insurance is possible both online and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis.
When getting insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
Additional insurance coverage information is available at these links:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$3,102|
|Los Angeles, CA||$3,354|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$158|
|5-yr Claim Free||$130|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$100|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.