2019 Mercedes-Benz SLC-Class Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 1, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2019 Mercedes-Benz SLC 300 are $1,792 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive costs an estimated $432, collision costs $804, and liability costs around $398. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $460 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $3,884. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $6,426 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,792
Rate estimates for 2019 Mercedes-Benz SLC 300 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2019 Mercedes-Benz SLC 300 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range go from as low as $460 for the bare minimum liability coverage to the much higher price of $3,884 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences illustrate why everyone should compare prices for a targeted area and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2019 Mercedes-Benz SLC 300 Insurance
Want better car insurance rates for your Mercedes-Benz SLC-Class? Purchasing low-cost car insurance can be somewhat difficult for people that are relatively new to comparison shopping online. With more and more insurance companies available, how are people expected to have a chance to compare every company to locate cheaper car insurance rates?
Consumers should take time to price shop coverage before your policy renews because insurance prices change quite often. Even if you got the lowest price for SLC-Class insurance a few years ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because it’s time to teach you the fastest way to save on car insurance.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is not that difficult. If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using these techniques. Nevertheless, vehicle owners must know how big insurance companies determine prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
The quickest way to get policy rate comparisons is to take advantage of the fact auto insurance companies participate in a system to give you rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details such as if you lease or own, distance driven, any included safety features, and how much coverage you want. Those rating factors is then sent to all major companies and they return rate quotes with very little delay.
Discount insurance coverage quotes
Companies don’t always publicize every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched a few of the more common and the more hidden insurance coverage savings.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a course in defensive driving could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Early Switch Discount – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current policy. The savings is around 10%.
- Student in College – Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from home without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates for SLC-Class insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less could earn lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model can get you a discount since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Popular insurance coverage companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- GEICO offers discounts including five-year accident-free, federal employee, multi-policy, membership and employees, and seat belt use.
- USAA discounts include safe driver, good student, multi-policy, military installation, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- American Family includes discounts for multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, good driver, bundled insurance, good student, accident-free, and early bird.
- Esurance offers discounts for claim free, defensive driver, emergency road assistance, multi-policy, good driver, online quote, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for early shopping, good student, business and professional, teen driver, mature driver, and switch companies.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, multiple policy, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
If you are trying to find affordable auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in your area. If you would like to view companies offering insurance coverage discounts, enter your zip code here.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is my 2019 Mercedes-Benz SLC-Class covered for flood damage?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2019 Mercedes-Benz SLC-Class?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete your zip code.
Specific coverages for a 2019 Mercedes-Benz SLC-Class
Understanding the coverages of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as a broken windshield, fire damage, rock chips in glass and damage from flooding. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for immediate expenses for ambulance fees, rehabilitation expenses, X-ray expenses, surgery and nursing services. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto collision coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your SLC-Class resulting from a collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as driving through your garage door, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Liability auto insurance
This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as funeral expenses, bail bonds and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Be Smart and Buy Smart
More affordable car insurance is attainable from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies may not offer online quoting and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
We covered a lot of ways to shop for 2019 Mercedes-Benz SLC-Class insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest auto insurance. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, questionable increases in premium, being labeled a high risk driver and policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,832|
|Los Angeles, CA||$3,063|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$141|
|5-yr Claim Free||$118|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$89|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.