2019 Tesla Model X Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2019 Tesla Model X are $2,122 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive costs an estimated $494 each year, collision costs $1,072, and liability costs $398. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $460 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $4,644. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $7,564 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $2,122
Rate estimates for 2019 Tesla Model X Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2019 Tesla Model X models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range go from as low as $460 for the bare minimum liability coverage to a high rate of $4,644 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences illustrate why all drivers should compare rates for a targeted area and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2019 Tesla Model X Insurance
Being forced to pay for pricey car insurance premiums can drain your personal savings and force you to cut corners elsewhere. Comparing cost estimates can be a smart way to ensure you are getting the best deal.
You have so many insurers to pick from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, it makes it harder to compare rates.
The Tesla Model X insurance premium equation
Many factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but some are less apparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
- Poor credit score equals high premiums – Having a bad credit history can be an important factor in determining premium rates. So if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your 2019 Tesla Model X by spending a little time repairing your credit. People with good credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have lower ratings.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – The majority of insurance companies will award a discount to policyholders who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, you still need to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal. Drivers may still save even more by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Better rates on safer cars – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates.
- Car insurance rates and age – Teenage drivers tend to get distracted easily behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. If you’ve ever had to add a first-time driver onto your car insurance can break the bank. Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft deterrent systems such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Do males or females drive better? – The statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. This data doesn’t prove that females are better drivers. Males and females cause accidents in similar numbers, but the males get into accidents with more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 tend to get in the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Big cities have higher rates – Living in less populated areas of the country is a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Urban drivers tend to have much more traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate.
- Raise coverage deductibles and save – Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. A few examples of covered claims could be a windshield shattered by a rock, hail damage, and burglary. Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive for Model X insurance.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some insurers do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so the list below details a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with slightly better insurance coveragerates than normal.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with one insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
To choose companies that offer discounts, enter your zip code here.
Insurance coverage is unique, just like you
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions might point out if your situation may require specific advice.
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2019 Tesla Model X?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2019 Tesla Model X?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete your zip code. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Information about specific coverages
Understanding the coverages of your policy aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are the usual coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Collision – Collision insurance pays for damage to your Model X resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Tesla Model X.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hail damage, hitting a deer, vandalism, theft and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills like EMT expenses, nursing services, prosthetic devices, funeral costs and chiropractic care. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Auto liability – Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims such as funeral expenses, medical services and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
More comparisons equals lower rates
We just presented a lot of tips how to reduce 2019 Tesla Model X insurance car insurance rates online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper car insurance. Consumers could even find that the best car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. They may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Cost effective 2019 Tesla Model X insurance can be sourced both online as well as from insurance agents, so get free car insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not offer rate quotes online and these regional insurance providers sell through independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$3,354|
|Los Angeles, CA||$3,630|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$178|
|5-yr Claim Free||$142|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$113|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.