2019 Toyota 4Runner Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2019 Toyota 4Runner are $1,300 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs around $320 a year, collision insurance costs $506, and liability insurance costs $338. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $394 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $2,790 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $4,702 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,300
Rate estimates for 2019 Toyota 4Runner Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2019 Toyota 4Runner models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range range from as low as $394 for basic liability insurance to a high of $2,790 for a high risk driver.
These differences demonstrate why it is important for drivers to compare rates for a specific zip code and risk profile, rather than relying on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2019 Toyota 4Runner Insurance
Drivers have lots of choices when trying to find low-cost Toyota 4Runner insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to compare rates. There is a better way to compare insurance coverage rates and you need to know the quickest way to get price quotes on a Toyota and locate the lowest price from local insurance agents and online providers.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is quite easy. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce your rates substantially using these tips. Drivers only need an understanding of the proper way to find the lowest price on the web.
How to buy car insurance online
Getting low cost 2019 Toyota 4Runner car insurance pricing is an easy way to save money. All you need to do is spend a few minutes to get quotes online with multiple companies. Comparing prices online can be done in several different ways.
- One of the simplest ways consumers can make multiple comparisons is an all-inclusive rate comparison. This form keeps you from doing repetitive form submissions for every car insurance company. One form submission gets you coverage quotes from multiple low-cost companies. Just one form and you’re done.
- A harder way to analyze rates consists of going to the website for each individual company and repeat the quote process again and again. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want to compare prices for Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Farmers. You would be required to take the time to go to each site to input your insurance information, which is not fast way to get rate quotes.
Whichever way you choose to compare rates, make absolute certain that you use exactly the same quote information with each company. If your comparisons have different data you will not be able to make a fair comparison for your Toyota 4Runner.
Slash your insurance rates with these ten discounts
Car insurance companies don’t list every disount available in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Good Grades Discount – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Driver Education Discount – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations can get you a small discount when shopping for insurance.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates for 4Runner insurance.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house can help you save on insurance because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Companies that have some of the discounts shown above include:
Before buying, ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in every state.
You are unique and your insurance coverage should be too
When buying the best insurance coverage coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out your zip code. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Coverages available on your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision coverage – This coverage pays for damage to your 4Runner resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things like sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a ditch and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability – This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical expenses, court costs and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Coverage for medical expenses – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses like funeral costs, rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees, nursing services and surgery. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive insurance – This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like damage from getting keyed, a broken windshield, fire damage, hitting a deer and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your 2019 Toyota 4Runner.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,052|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,223|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$96|
|5-yr Claim Free||$84|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$60|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.