2019 Toyota Mirai Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 1, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2019 Toyota Mirai are $1,974 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive costs approximately $442, collision costs $958, and liability coverage costs $416. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $474 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $4,322. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $7,128 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,974
Rate estimates for 2019 Toyota Mirai Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2019 Toyota Mirai models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range go from as low as $474 for basic liability insurance to the much higher price of $4,322 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences demonstrate why everyone should compare rates using their specific location and risk profile, rather than using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2019 Toyota Mirai Insurance
Tired of wondering where the money will come from to buy car insurance? You’re in the same situation as most other drivers. Since you have so many choices of insurance companies, it can be hard to pick a more affordable car insurance company.
Buy auto insurance online
Reducing your 2019 Toyota Mirai insurance rates can be relatively painless. The only requirement is to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rate quotes to see which company has low cost auto insurance quotes. It is quite easy and can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The fastest and easiest way to get the best comparison quotes is to use a rate comparison form. This easy form saves time by eliminating a different quote for every company. In just a few minutes this one form gets you coverage quotes from multiple companies.
- A slightly less efficient method to get quotes online is to take the time to go to each company website to request a price quote. For examples sake, let’s say you need rates from Allstate, Progressive and GMAC. To do that, you would have to spend time going to each site individually to input your insurance information, which can take a lot of time.
Whichever way you choose to compare rates, make darn sure you compare apples-to-apples coverage data for each quote you get. If you are comparing higher or lower deductibles it’s impossible to determine the best price for your Toyota Mirai.
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can help lower your rates. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but a few need to be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors may receive a slight reduction on a auto insurance quote on Mirai insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could be rewarded with lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a auto insurance quote.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction on Mirai insurance depending on your insurance provider.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your next insurance statement.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy with the same company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last until age 25.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The best insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for good student, professional/association, age of vehicle, ease of repair, type of vehicle, location of vehicle, and low natural disaster claims.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including electronic funds transfer, homeowner, early shopping, good student, bundle discounts, teen driver, and distant student.
- Farm Bureau discounts include good student, youthful driver, safe driver, driver training, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including senior citizen, defensive driver, new car, EZ pay plan discount, utility vehicle, passive restraint, and 55 and retired.
- GEICO may offer discounts for driver training, military active duty, federal employee, good student, and defensive driver.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in your area.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions could help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2019 Toyota Mirai is totaled?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete your zip code. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance 101
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are typical coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
This coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as legal defense fees, pain and suffering, funeral expenses and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses for dental work, nursing services and funeral costs. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as theft, vandalism and fire damage. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Mirai resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as crashing into a building, colliding with a tree, hitting a mailbox and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Toyota Mirai.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$3,117|
|Los Angeles, CA||$3,375|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$163|
|5-yr Claim Free||$132|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$102|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.