2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid are $1,316 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive costs on average $306 a year, collision insurance costs $536, and liability costs $338. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $394 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $2,844. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $4,798 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,316
Rate estimates for 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range range from as low as $394 for a discount liability-only rate to a high of $2,844 for a high risk driver.
These differences highlight why it is important for drivers to compare rates based on a specific location and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Insurance
Having to pay for expensive Toyota RAV4 Hybrid insurance can consume your funds and force you to tighten up your finances. Comparing cost estimates can save money and help to lower your monthly bill.
Due to the large number of options when it comes to insurance coverage, it can be diffult for drivers to find the best insurance company.
How to compare insurance quotes
Comparing insurance rates can be a lot of work if you don’t utilize the best way to get rate quotes. You can waste hours talking to local insurance agents in your area, or you can utilize the internet to maximize your effort.
Most car insurance companies belong to a marketplace that enables customers to send in one quote, and every company provides a quote based on that data. This prevents consumers from doing quote forms to every company.
To compare pricing enter your zip code here.
The only downside to using this type of system is you are unable to specify the insurers you will receive quotes from. If you wish to select individual companies for rate comparison, we put together a list of the cheapest insurance companies in your area. Click to enter zip code.
However you get your quotes, make sure you are using nearly identical coverages and limits for every company. If you are comparing different coverage information you will not be able to truly determine the lowest rate. Just slight variations in insurance coverages may result in large price differences. And when comparison shopping, comparing more quotes provides better odds of finding more affordable insurance.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost insurance rates
Some insurers don’t always list every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy car insurance online.
- Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less for RAV4 Hybrid coverage as compared to drivers with claims.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% for RAV4 Hybrid coverage with select insurance companies.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow driving data submission to track their driving habits by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can get you a discount because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driver skills could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, student away at school, driver’s education, and passive restraint.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for switch companies, early shopping, distant student, youthful driver, pay in full, business and professional, and mature driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, and good student.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including seat belt use, air bags, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, good student, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for multi-policy, group or association, safe vehicle, multiple vehicles, and mature driver.
- The Hartford offers discounts including driver training, anti-theft, bundle, vehicle fuel type, and good student.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include good student, driver training, safe driver, 55 and retired, and renewal discount.
- USAA offers discounts for annual mileage, new vehicle, good student, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and vehicle storage.
Check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not apply everywhere. To locate insurers that offer discounts, enter your zip code here.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out your zip code.
The coverage is in the details
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the usual coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Coverage for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills for ambulance fees, dental work, funeral costs, prosthetic devices and chiropractic care. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like crashing into a ditch, scraping a guard rail, hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This gives you protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability car insurance – Liability coverage can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like pain and suffering, attorney fees, structural damage, legal defense fees and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive coverages – This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like rock chips in glass, hitting a bird and a broken windshield. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can compare 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper car insurance. Consumers may even find the most savings is with an unexpected company. These companies often have lower rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
When getting car insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Even more information is located in the articles below:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,076|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,253|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$99|
|5-yr Claim Free||$85|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$62|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.