2020 Acura RLX Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 1, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for an 2020 Acura RLX are $1,740 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive costs an estimated $412, collision costs $780, and liability costs $390. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $452 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $3,774. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $6,262 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,740
Rate estimates for 2020 Acura RLX Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2020 Acura RLX models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range go from as low as $452 for basic liability insurance to the much higher price of $3,774 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences demonstrate why everyone should compare rates for a targeted area and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2020 Acura RLX Insurance
Searching for better car insurance rates? Consumers have lots of choices when looking for the best price on Acura RLX insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to compare rates. There are both good and bad ways to buy car insurance so you’re going to learn the best way to get price quotes on a Acura and locate the lowest possible price either online or from local insurance agents.
Affordable car insurance rates with discounts
Some insurers do not advertise every policy discount very clearly, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy car insurance online.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers are able to get a small decrease in premiums on RLX coverage.
- Membership in Organizations – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your car insurance quote.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Military Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to track their driving habits remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on car insurance quote in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies allow discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount may save as much as 25% on a car insurance quote. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for federal employee, five-year accident-free, military active duty, seat belt use, and defensive driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, air bags, student away at school, and safe driver.
- American Family offers discounts for Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, good student, early bird, and mySafetyValet.
- Esurance has discounts for safety device, good student, defensive driver, emergency road assistance, online shopper, multi-policy, and paid-in-full.
- Progressive discounts include good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, and online quote discount.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
- AAA has savings for education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good student, and pay-in-full.
Before buying, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in your area. To find car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above, enter your zip code here.
Cheapest insurance rate quotes
Getting a low cost price on 2020 Acura RLX insurance isn’t really that difficult. The only thing you need to do is invest a little time to compare rate quotes to find. Insurance prices can be quoted in several different ways.
Hands down the most simple method to compare a lot of rates at once is a comparison rater form. This type of form prevents you from having to do separate quotation requests for every prospective company. In just a few minutes this one form will return quotes from all major companies. Just one form and you’re done.
A more difficult way to find lower rates is spending the time to visit each individual company website and complete a new quote form. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want to view quotes from Farmers, State Farm and Travelers. In order to compare rates, you need to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, and that explains why we recommend the first method.
The last way to compare rates is physically going to different agent offices. Doing it all online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the trained advice of a licensed agent. Although you can find lower rates online and still use a local agent.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but be certain you are entering nearly identical quote data for each price quote. If your comparisons have differing limits it will be very difficult to determine which rate is truly the best.
Tailor your insurance coverage coverage to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2020 Acura RLX?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete your zip code. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Detailed coverages of your auto insurance policy
Having a good grasp of auto insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical expense coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses such as chiropractic care, prosthetic devices and dental work. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as falling objects, damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer and hail damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your RLX from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox, colliding with a tree and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Acura RLX.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like funeral expenses, legal defense fees and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
A tidy conclusion
Low-cost 2020 Acura RLX insurance is available both online and with local insurance agents, so get free car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller providers work with independent agencies.
In this article, we covered many ways to shop for 2020 Acura RLX insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable car insurance. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
When you buy car insurance online, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,748|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,973|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$137|
|5-yr Claim Free||$114|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$86|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.