2020 Audi R8 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 1, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for an 2020 Audi R8 are $2,518 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive costs an estimated $620 a year, collision insurance costs $1,350, and liability coverage costs $390. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $452 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $5,514. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $8,796 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $2,518
Rate estimates for 2020 Audi R8 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2020 Audi R8 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range range from as low as $452 for only liability insurance to a high of $5,514 for a high risk driver.
These differences illustrate why it is important for drivers to compare rates for a targeted area and risk profile, rather than using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2020 Audi R8 Insurance
Overwhelmed by the wide range of insurance companies in your area? You’re not alone. There are such a vast assortment of companies available that it can easily turn into a big hassle to find lower rates.
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company’s rates as often as possible because prices trend upward over time. Even if you got the best deal on R8 insurance a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the best methods to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Get lower-cost insurance rates by understanding these factors
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the factors that help calculate your premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in better car insurance rates. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your commute time.
- Infrequent drivers can save – The more you drive annually the higher your rates will be. Most companies charge to insure your cars partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Incorrect rating for your R8 may be costing you higher rates. Verify your car insurance policy properly reflects annual mileage.
- Your location is a factor – Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has it’s advantages when it comes to car insurance. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers tend to have more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. More time on the road can result in more accidents.
- Remove unneeded add-on coverages – Insurance companies have many add-on coverages that may not really be needed when buying car insurance. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, high-cost glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may seem good when discussing your needs, but if they’re wasting money remove them and pocket the money.
- Women tend to cost less – Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Females and males cause at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets such as reckless driving.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Getting married helps lower the price when shopping for car insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more stable financially and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
The cheapest car insurance price quotes online
Most of the larger companies give prices direct online. Obtaining pricing doesn’t take much effort because you just enter the coverages you want into a form. When complete, the system automatically retrieves reports for credit and driving violations and gives you a price quote based on the information you submitted.
This makes it simple to compare prices but the process of having to visit several different sites and enter the same data into a form is repetitive and time-consuming. But it’s also necessary to perform this step in order to get better prices.
The easiest way to compare rates uses one form that analyzes rates from several companies at one time. This type of form saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes comparison shopping much more efficient. Once the form is submitted, it is quoted and you are able to buy any or none of the quote results.
If you find a better price you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. The whole process only takes a few minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
To quickly find out if lower rates are available, simply enter your zip code here and fill out the form. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you replicate coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
Will you really save $470 on auto insurance?
Big name companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO regularly use ads on TV and radio. All the companies make the point that drivers will save a bundle if you just switch to them. How does each company say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
Companies have an ideal profile for the type of customer that earns them a profit. A good example of a driver they prefer may need to be between the ages of 30 and 50, has other policies, and does not commute to work. Any new insured that hits that “sweet spot” will get low car insurance rates and will most likely save some money.
Drivers who cannot meet this stringent profile will have to pay a higher premium which usually ends up with the customer not purchasing. The ad wording is “drivers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” will save that much if they switch. That’s why companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings.
Because of these techniques, you really should compare price quotes frequently. Because you cannot predict with any certainty which company will have the lowest rate quotes.
Car insurance discounts help cut rates
Companies don’t always publicize all possible discounts very well, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy auto insurance online.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers may be able to get better car insurance rates on R8 insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Own a Home – Owning a house can get you a discount because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% on R8 insurance with a few car insurance companies.
- Theft Deterent – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers sucessfully take a drivers education course in school.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you could get a free car insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce the cost of coverage.
To view insurers that offer the discounts shown above, enter your zip code here.
Which is the best insurance?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions might point out whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my 2020 Audi R8 covered for flood damage?
- Does my 2020 Audi R8 qualify for pleasure use?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete your zip code.
Educate yourself about auto insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage covers damage to your R8 resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like hitting a mailbox, rolling your car, colliding with a tree and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for funeral costs, doctor visits and surgery. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Audi R8.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, fire damage, a broken windshield and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims like attorney fees, medical expenses, repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
At the end of the day…
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price.
There are still a few companies who may not provide online price quotes smaller providers work with independent agents. More affordable insurance coverage is available from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching insurance coverage companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
Much more information about insurance coverage is located at the links below
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$3,975|
|Los Angeles, CA||$4,302|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$218|
|5-yr Claim Free||$170|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$138|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.