2020 BMW 6 Series Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 1, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No car owner likes paying for insurance, particularly when they are paying too much. Due to the abundance of online and local companies to choose from, it is very difficult to locate the lowest cost insurer.
You should make it a habit to price shop coverage before your policy renews since insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best rates on 6 Series insurance a few years ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re about to learn the things you must know in order to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Cheap insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list all disounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details some of the more common as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy car insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to look at driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Full Payment Discount – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers over the age of 55 can get better insurance rates on 6 Series insurance.
- Memberships – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on your next insurance statement.
- Good Grades Discount – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
If you would like to see a list of insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts, enter your zip code here.
Reduce insurance rates with these tips
Many different elements are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, although others are more transparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
The itemized list below are some of the items utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
- Liability insurance safeguards assets – The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection if you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Gender and auto insurance premiums – Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. This data doesn’t prove that men are worse drivers. Both sexes cause fender benders at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Teen drivers pay higher costs – Older insureds tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents , and usually have better credit.Inexperience drivers are known to be more careless behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher.
- Low physical damage deductibles cost more – Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be on 6 Series insurance.
- Advanced theft deterrents – Choosing to buy a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent vehicle theft.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions may help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out your zip code. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
The ad said I’d save $387 a year!
Consumers can’t get away from all the ads that promise big savings for switching by Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to make the point that people will save if you move to them.
How does each company have lower policy pricing?
Insurance providers are able to cherry pick for the type of customer that will generate a profit. An example of a profitable customer might be over age 30, carries full coverage, and drives newer vehicles. Any person who fits that profile receive the lowest rate quotes and have a good chance to pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
People who may not quite match those criteria may receive higher rates and the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads say “customers that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” will save that much if they switch. That is how insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings.
This really drives home the point why it’s extremely important to compare free car insurance quotes often. It’s just too difficult to predict the company that will fit your personal profile best.
Car insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the usual coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Medical expense coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses such as rehabilitation expenses, surgery, doctor visits, dental work and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
This coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering, loss of income, medical expenses and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer, fire damage and hitting a bird. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This coverage pays for damage to your 6 Series resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as driving through your garage door, rolling your car and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your BMW 6 Series.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
The cheapest 2020 BMW 6 Series insurance is possible from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area