2020 Ford Fusion Energi Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2020 Ford Fusion Energi are $1,468 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs on average $320 a year, collision insurance costs $600, and liability insurance costs $390. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $452 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $3,182 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $5,422 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,468
Rate estimates for 2020 Ford Fusion Energi Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2020 Ford Fusion Energi models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range range from as low as $452 for basic liability insurance to a high of $3,182 for a high risk driver.
These differences highlight why it is important for drivers to compare rates based on a specific location and risk profile, rather than relying on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2020 Ford Fusion Energi Insurance
Searching for the cheapest insurance rates for your Ford Fusion Energi? Locating the cheapest insurance for your Ford Fusion Energi can be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier. There are more efficient ways to buy insurance so you’re going to learn the best way to price shop coverage for a new or used Ford and find the lowest possible price from both online companies and local agents.
You should take the time to price shop coverage on a regular basis because insurance prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the best deal on Fusion Energi coverage a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because it’s time to teach you one of the best ways to save on insurance.
The easiest way to get policy rate comparisons is to know most insurance companies provide online access to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is give them some information such as driver details, if you’re married, if it has an alarm system, and your education level. That rating data is then sent to many different companies and you get price estimates instantly to find the best rate.
You can change your insurance premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower insurance coverage prices. Multiple criteria are considered when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but other criteria are less obvious such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
- Older drivers are lower risk – Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents .Drivers with little experience are statistically shown to be more careless when behind the wheel so insurance coverage rates are higher.
- Bundle policies and save money – Lots of insurers give lower prices to buyers that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, consumers should still shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Better drivers pay better rates – Attentive drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Having just one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who get flagrant citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Men pay higher prices – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males have fender benders at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage. Men also tend to receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Discounts for cheap insurance coverage rates
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list all their discounts very clearly, so the below list has a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver sucessfully take a drivers education course in school.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more on Fusion Energi coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance coverage companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current policy. The savings is around 10%.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain insurance companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application on your computer.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off on Fusion Energi coverage with some insurance coverage companies.
- Organization Discounts – Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your policy.
- Theft Deterent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
If you would like to view insurance companies with significant discounts, enter your zip code here.
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete your zip code. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Car insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills like doctor visits, pain medications, X-ray expenses, prosthetic devices and EMT expenses. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Collision – This coverage pays for damage to your Fusion Energi caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car, damaging your car on a curb and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive insurance – This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as theft, rock chips in glass and hitting a bird. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Auto liability insurance – Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims like emergency aid, pain and suffering, loss of income and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
More quotes. Lower rates.
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices, policy cancellation and questionable increases in premium. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
As you quote car insurance, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, someone dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can lower your 2020 Ford Fusion Energi insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest car insurance. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Additional detailed information is located at these sites:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,319|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,508|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$111|
|5-yr Claim Free||$95|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$69|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.