2020 GMC Acadia Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2020 GMC Acadia are $1,280 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs around $280, collision costs $452, and liability coverage costs around $390. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $452 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $2,750 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $4,778 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,280
Rate estimates for 2020 GMC Acadia Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2020 GMC Acadia models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range go from as low as $452 for basic liability insurance to the much higher price of $2,750 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences show why everyone should compare prices for a specific zip code and risk profile, rather than using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2020 GMC Acadia Insurance
Searching for cheaper auto insurance rates for your GMC Acadia? I doubt anyone likes having to buy auto insurance, particularly when they could find better rates elsewhere. Numerous insurance companies battle for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurer to find the absolute cheapest price
If you are insured now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use this information to find better prices while maintaining coverages. Buying car insurance is not rocket science. Vehicle owners just need to understand the tricks to compare rates on the web.
What impacts GMC Acadia insurance costs?
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. When you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower premium levels. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although some other factors are less obvious like where you live or how financially stable you are.
- Credit score impacts premium rates – Credit history is a big factor in determining premium rates. People with high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than those with lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2020 GMC Acadia by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Low comp and collision deductibles cost more – The deductibles you choose define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage protection, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, fire damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more expense you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive for Acadia insurance.
- Vehicle features that lower car insurance rates – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart theives like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder auto theft and help lower rates.
- How many coverages with the same company – Most major insurers apply discounts to insureds that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.There is a chance you can find lower rates by buying from different companies
- Females pay lower premiums – Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Females and males get in accidents in similar numbers, but the males have costlier accidents. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
Buy insurance coverage online
Finding low cost 2020 GMC Acadia insurance coverage rates is an easy way to save money. You just have to take a couple of minutes to compare free car insurance quotes online from several insurance companies. Shoppers can get rates by following the guidelines below.
- The fastest way consumers can make multiple comparisons is a comparison rater form. This form keeps you from doing multiple quote forms for every prospective company. A single form gets rate comparisons direct from many companies.
- A more time consuming way to get comparison quotes consists of going to the website for every company you want to comare to request a price quote. For example, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from Allstate, State Farm and American Family. In order to compare rates, you need to visit each site and enter your policy data, which is not fast way to get rate quotes.
- If you have time to kill, the last way to get comparison rates to each insurance agency near you. Doing it all online has made agencies unnecessary unless you have a complicated situation and need the advice and guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Although you can comparison shop online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but try to keep the exact same coverages on every quote. If your comparisons have different limits and deductibles on each one it will be impossible to make a fair comparison for your GMC Acadia.
Cut your car insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down a few of the more well known as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount get car insurance digitally online.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a car insurance quote.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for all your vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction for Acadia insurance with a few car insurance companies.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount when getting a car insurance quote.
- Early Signing – A few companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your policy premium.
Some of the larger companies that may offer quotes with these benefits include:
If you want the cheapest car insurance quotes, ask every company what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in your area. To see companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts, enter your zip code here.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions could help you determine if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out your zip code. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance policy coverages for a 2020 GMC Acadia
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverage types found on the average insurance policy.
Auto liability insurance – This will cover damage that occurs to a person or their property. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability coverage pays for claims like medical services, funeral expenses and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays for damage to your Acadia from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things like hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch, damaging your car on a curb and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your GMC Acadia.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive protection – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft and a broken windshield. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical expense coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills for surgery, nursing services, ambulance fees, chiropractic care and hospital visits. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
More effort can pay off
Some companies don’t offer rates over the internet and usually these smaller providers sell through local independent agents. Affordable 2020 GMC Acadia insurance can be found online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
When searching for affordable car insurance quotes, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Additional information can be read on the following sites:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,022|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,187|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$91|
|5-yr Claim Free||$81|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$56|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.