2020 Jaguar F-TYPE Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 1, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2020 Jaguar F-TYPE are $2,186 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive costs on average $528 each year, collision insurance costs $1,110, and liability coverage costs $390. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $452 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $4,776. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $7,724 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $2,186
Rate estimates for 2020 Jaguar F-TYPE Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2020 Jaguar F-TYPE models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range range from as low as $452 for only liability insurance to a high rate of $4,776 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences demonstrate why all drivers should compare rates based on a specific location and risk profile, rather than using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2020 Jaguar F-TYPE Insurance
Searching for the cheapest insurance for a Jaguar F-TYPE could be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks to find lower rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare car insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Jaguar and obtain the best price possible.
It is always a good idea to shop coverage around occasionally because car insurance rates change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest premium rates on F-TYPE insurance at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. There are lots of tips to save on car insurance on the internet, but in a few minutes you can learn some solid techniques on how to lower your car insurance bill.
If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, you can follow these tips to cut your premiums and still get good coverage. Buying affordable protection is easy if you know what you’re doing. Drivers only need to know the proper methods to compare prices on the web.
Discounts can really help lower rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be significant discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers can get lower premium rates on F-TYPE insurance.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with one company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive insurance.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies give discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy insurance online.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy over the internet.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to scrutinize vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Some of the larger companies that possibly offer most of the discounts above possibly include:
If you are trying to find inexpensive insurance quotes, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. To find insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts, enter your zip code here.
Seven things that determine your insurance costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower insurance prices.
- Lower premiums for cars with good safety ratings – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Jaguar scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it may cost less to insure.
- Stay claim-free and save – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies generally give better rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your car insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Mature drivers pay less – Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive when behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates. Older insureds are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Cut prices and deter theft – Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Higher rates for policy lapses – Not having insurance is a misdemeanor and companies may charge more for letting your insurance coverage expire. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in fines or a revoked license. You will then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Insurance rates in urban areas – Being located in a small town is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers in populated areas have more traffic problems and more time behind the wheel. Fewer people means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Know your credit rating – Credit rating is a big factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your 2020 Jaguar F-TYPE by improving your rating.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out your zip code. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Slick advertising tricks that work
Consumers can’t get away from all the ads that claim the cheapest car insurance rates from companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all try to convey promises about savings if you get a free insurance quote and switch your coverage.
How do they all offer you a better deal? It’s all in the words they use.
All the different companies offer their best rates for the type of customer that earns them a profit. A good example of a desirable risk should be over the age of 40, has few claims, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. A driver that fits those parameters will probably get cheap car insurance rates as well as save when switching.
Insureds who do not fit the ideal profile will probably have to pay a higher premium and this can result in the customer buying from a different company. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “drivers who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” can save as much as they claim. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently claim big savings.
Each company has different criteria, so you really should get insurance quotes from several different companies. Because you cannot predict with any certainty which company will have better premium rates than you’re paying now.
Auto insurance coverage considerations
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like driving through your garage door, sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a mailbox and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from flooding, falling objects and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for prosthetic devices, surgery, dental work and doctor visits. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Auto liability insurance
This protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged propery. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims such as loss of income, bail bonds, pain and suffering, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Frequently these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Save your hard earned cash
We covered many tips how you can lower your 2020 Jaguar F-TYPE insurance premium rates. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive insurance. You may be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high prices, denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$3,453|
|Los Angeles, CA||$3,738|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$184|
|5-yr Claim Free||$146|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$116|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.