2020 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 1, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2020 Mercedes-Benz SL 450 are $1,960 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive costs an estimated $482, collision insurance costs $922, and liability insurance costs $398. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $460 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $4,258. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $6,968 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,960
Rate estimates for 2020 Mercedes-Benz SL 450 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2020 Mercedes-Benz SL 450 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range range from as low as $460 for basic liability insurance to a much higher rate of $4,258 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences show why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare rates for a targeted area and risk profile, rather than relying on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2020 Mercedes-Benz SL 450 Insurance
Looking for the cheapest insurance rates for your Mercedes-Benz SL-Class? Do you get exhausted from sacrificing to keep your car insured? You are no different than many other drivers. Big-name insurance companies like Allstate, Progressive and GEICO constantly blast consumers with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to see through the deception and do the work needed to find the best deal.
You need to get comparison quotes occasionally because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on SL-Class insurance a couple years back there may be better deals available now. There is a lot of bad information regarding insurance online but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some of the best ways to find affordable insurance.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, you can follow these tips to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. Choosing the best insurance company for you is quite easy. Vehicle owners only need to know the most efficient way to compare rates on the web.
Insurance coverage discounts help lower rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize all possible discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance coverage.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car model can get you a discount because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Larger insurance carriers have a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Accident Forgiveness – but some companies like State Farm and Allstate may permit one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Theft Deterent Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off on SL-Class insurance with certain companies.
- Online Discount – Certain insurance coverage companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on the internet.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
Popular insurance coverage companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- Esurance discounts include claim free, Pac-12 alumni, multi-policy, multi-car, Switch & Save, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford offers discounts including bundle, anti-theft, good student, driver training, air bag, defensive driver, and vehicle fuel type.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good student, and education and occupation.
- GEICO includes discounts for federal employee, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, and military active duty.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple policy, good student, multiple autos, safe vehicle, accident-free, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To choose companies with the best insurance coverage discounts, enter your zip code here.
Which is the best car insurance?
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions might point out whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Is my 2020 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class covered for flood damage?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out your zip code. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Information about specific coverages
Having a good grasp of insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the normal coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses for rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs, pain medications and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Mercedes-Benz SL-Class.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like rock chips in glass, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding and a broken windshield. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This can cover damage that occurs to other people or property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as bail bonds, court costs and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for collisions
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Knowledge is power
You just read many tips how you can lower your 2020 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class insurance car insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher your chance of finding cheaper insurance coverage. Drivers may discover the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Cheaper 2020 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class insurance is definitely available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not provide price quotes online and many times these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
When you buy insurance coverage online, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$3,102|
|Los Angeles, CA||$3,354|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$158|
|5-yr Claim Free||$130|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$100|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.