Distant Student Car Insurance Discount
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 18, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding car insurance for college students can be tricky. How much coverage do they need? Especially if they aren’t living at home. What student discounts are available? Distant Student car insurance discounts are available. You will want to request this discount from your car insurance provider when your student leaves for college.
You may be asking, “So how much will my car insurance cost with a Distant Student discount?” The only way to find out is to compare car insurance rates and discounts. Ready to compare right now? Enter your ZIP code above to get started.
Distant Student Car Insurance Discount
Below you will find the car insurance companies who offer a Distant Student car insurance discount. In our research, 15 of the top car insurance companies offered a Distant Student Discount.
Companies Totals Discounts Provided # Distant Student
21st Century 21 AAA 21 ✔️
Allstate 29 ✔️
American Family 27 ✔️
Ameriprise 18 ✔️
Amica 27 ✔️
Country Financial 26 Esurance 34 Farmers 34 ✔️
Geico 32 ✔️
Liberty Mutual 38 MetLife 38 Nationwide 35 ✔️
Progressive 36 ✔️
Safe Auto 22 Safeco 30 ✔️
State Farm 20 ✔️
The General 20 The Hanover 22 ✔️
The Hartford 38 ✔️
Travelers 28 ✔️
USAA 28 ✔️
You can see here how much you can save with the Distant Student auto insurance discount by each company. Not all car insurance providers made their discount percentage public, but as you can see the highest percentage saved is 35 percent.
Discounts Distant Student
21st Century N/A
American Family N/A
Country Financial N/A
Liberty Mutual N/A
Safe Auto N/A
State Farm N/A
The General N/A
The Hanover 5
The Hartford 3
Who qualifies for a Distant Student Discount?
It’s important to know this — don’t remove your distant student from your insurance policy even if they only come home on the weekends or less frequently and drive your vehicle. They must be insured at all times.
According to Soucy Insurance Agency, here are the qualifications for a distant student discount:
- “The student must be over 100 miles away (or further for some insurers).
- The student must be under the age of 23.
- The student must be attending college full-time.
- The student must not have access to a covered vehicle while at school. (That is, a vehicle covered under your policy. He can drive someone else’s car, but it better have insurance).”
Ready to compare car insurance discounts from multiple providers? Enter your ZIP code below to get started.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area