Who Has Cheap Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer in New Jersey?
Enter your New Jersey zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 8, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Anytime the topic is auto insurance, the word “cheap” should not appear anywhere in the article to describe car insurance rates. It’s a simple fact that cheap car insurance for a Ford Explorer is not always easy to find. Don’t let that get you down, though, because we are going to show you how you can find and buy car insurance that you are able to afford.
The chances of buying the best cheap car insurance for a Ford Explorer in New Jersey is dependent upon dozens of factors like driver age, if you are currently insured, and the deductible amount you use. Drivers pay approximately $1,610 a year for Explorer insurance, but that rate is an estimation based on a 50-year-old single female with both comprehensive and collision coverage and $100 policy deductibles.
Most likely you are not 50 and maybe not even a female, possibly married instead of single, or maybe your Explorer is a different trim level than the example. Having just a slight change in the rating criteria used to formulate rates can result in a massive change in policy price.
This illustrates why the best way to quote cheap insurance prices for your Ford is to quote often and with as many companies as possible.
Vehicle trim level has an effect on the coverage cost, so the rate you will pay to insure a Explorer XLT 2WD will be $176 cheaper than the insurance cost for the fancier Explorer Limited AWD version, as shown by the rates below.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Explorer XLT 2WD||$356||$602||$544||$32||$162||$1,696||$141|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer 2WD||$356||$602||$544||$32||$162||$1,696||$141|
|Explorer XLT 4WD||$356||$602||$544||$32||$162||$1,696||$141|
|Explorer XLT AWD||$356||$602||$544||$32||$162||$1,696||$141|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD||$402||$732||$544||$32||$162||$1,872||$156|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD||$402||$732||$544||$32||$162||$1,872||$156|
|Explorer Limited 2WD||$402||$732||$544||$32||$162||$1,872||$156|
|Explorer Limited 4WD||$402||$732||$544||$32||$162||$1,872||$156|
|Explorer Limited AWD||$402||$732||$544||$32||$162||$1,872||$156|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in garaging location in New Jersey which can change rates substantially.
New Jersey car insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with the best company can be challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in New Jersey. The ranking data displayed below may help you choose which car insurance companies you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
The rankings below are only made up of companies that insure vehicles across America, so companies that only write business in New Jersey or surrounding areas are not included in the list. If you would like to check rates from these top-rated insurers and more, simply click here.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Careless driving habits raise New Jersey car insurance rates
The ideal way to earn the most affordable car insurance rates in New Jersey for an Explorer is to be an attentive driver and not receive tickets or have accidents. The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and accidents influence insurance rates for different insured age categories. The premiums assume a single male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
The data in the chart shows the average cost of an auto insurance policy in New Jersey per year with no violations or accidents is $3,323. Add in one speeding ticket and the average cost surges to $3,743, an increase of $419 each year. Now get two accidents along with the one speeding ticket and the yearly cost of car insurance for a Ford Explorer increases to an average of $7,222. That’s an increase of $3,898, or $325 per month, just for not being more responsible behind the wheel!
Discounts on cheap insurance for a Ford Explorer in New Jersey
Car insurance companies that provide policies for a Ford Explorer may have rate discounts that could lower prices by as much as 30% if you meet specific criteria. A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts include:
- GEICO may offer discounts for emergency military deployment, seat belt use, good student, driver training, daytime running lights, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for age of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, annual mileage, type of vehicle, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for mature driver, business and professional, pay in full, alternative fuel, and switch companies.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including paperless, anti-theft, student away at school, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, and company car.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including exclusive group savings, multi-policy, new graduate, new vehicle discount, safety features, new move discount, and multi-car.
- SAFECO has discounts for anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, teen safe driver, multi-car, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, and good student.
- USAA may include discounts for driver training, safe driver, multi-vehicle, vehicle storage, family discount, and new vehicle.
The illustration below shows the difference between annual premium costs with and without discounts applied. The price estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles.
The first bar for each age group shows the average annual price with no discounts. The second bar shows the rates with accident-free, marriage, multiple vehicle, multiple policy, anti-theft, and safe-driver discounts applied. When drivers qualify for the discounts, the average amount saved each year on car insurance for a Ford Explorer is 28% or $666.
How to find cheaper auto insurance for a Ford Explorer
The list below details a few thrifty suggestions that can help you quote cheaper auto insurance.
- Too many claims can make car insurance unaffordable
- Buying your home and auto policies from the same company can earn a discount
- Buy vehicles with five-star safety ratings
- Do not pay for comprehensive and collision coverage on older vehicles
- Improve your credit
- Raise your physical damage coverage deductibles
- Compare rates regularly to ensure the best deal
The final tip is particularly important, as we stressed in the prior article. Prices charged by auto insurers change a lot, so don’t be unwilling to change to a new company if a more affordable rate is found.
Having a favorite company is fine, but it’s not a great idea if it’s costing you money that could be used for better things. In just a couple of minutes you could shop around and find cheaper car insurance for a Ford Explorer.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area