2014 Volkswagen Eos Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 12, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2014 Volkswagen Eos are $1,320 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive insurance costs around $260, collision insurance costs $446, and liability insurance costs $456. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $508 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $2,858 or more. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $5,040 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,320
Rate estimates for 2014 Volkswagen Eos Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2014 Volkswagen Eos models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range range from as low as $508 for a discount liability-only rate to the much higher price of $2,858 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences illustrate why everyone should compare rates for a specific zip code and risk profile, rather than relying on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2014 Volkswagen Eos Insurance
Are you overwhelmed by the sheer number of car insurance company choices? You’re not alone. There are so many options available that it can be a real hassle to compare prices.
You should make it a habit to compare rates occasionally since rates trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the best rates for Eos coverage six months ago a different company probably has better rates today. There is too much inaccurate information about car insurance online, so by reading this article, you’re going to learn the easiest ways to stop overpaying for insurance.
Elements that influence Volkswagen Eos insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Knowing what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that could result in lower insurance coverage prices.
Listed below are some of the items insurance coverage companies consider when setting premiums.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel. Young drivers tend to be less responsible in a vehicle and because of this, their insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Driving your car without having proper coverage is illegal and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Most insurance coverage companies will award you with lower prices to people who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to find a better deal by insuring with multiple companies.
- Being married is a good thing – Being married can actually save you money on your insurance coverage policy. Having a significant other means you’re more mature and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both are in accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- Don’t skimp on liability – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you when a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Auto Insurance Prices Online
When shopping for auto insurance there are multiple ways of comparing rates and find the best price. The recommended way to find the lowest 2014 Volkswagen Eos rates is to get quotes online. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The fastest way to get quotes for comparison would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This type of form saves time by eliminating repetitive form entry for each company. In just a few minutes this one form compares rates from multiple companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A more time consuming way to get quotes online consists of going to the website for every company you want to comare and fill out their own quote form. For instance, we’ll pretend you want to compare Farmers, Safeco and Progressive. To find out each rate you need to go to every website and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
- The least recommended method to get comparison rates is driving around to different agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the professional advice that only a license agent can provide. You can, however, compare the best prices online but still have the advice of a local agent and you’ll learn how to do that later.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but be sure to compare the exact same information with each company. If you are comparing different liability limits it will be very difficult to make an equal comparison. Having just a slight variation in coverages may result in a large different in cost. Just keep in mind that getting more free quotes helps locate a better price.
Do you really save 40% when you switch?
Car insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive regularly use ads on television and other media. They all seem to make an identical promise that you can save if you move to them. How does each company claim to save you money?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver they prefer to insure. A good example of a preferred risk could be between the ages of 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and has a short commute. Any driver who meets those qualifications will get very good rates and as a result will probably save when they switch companies.
Potential insureds who don’t qualify for these standards must pay higher prices and this can result in the customer not buying. The ads say “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. That’s why companies can advertise the savings.
This illustrates why drivers must get quotes from several different companies. It’s impossible to know which insurance companies will have the lowest Volkswagen Eos insurance rates.
You probably qualify for some discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, buy you may qualify for discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but a few must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts when compared with bad drivers.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off for Eos coverage depending on your company.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums for Eos coverage.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your overall premium however.
Car insurance companies that may offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not be available in every state.
There’s no such thing as the perfect policy
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- What are the best liability limits?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Specific coverages for a Volkswagen Eos
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision – Collision coverage pays for damage to your Eos caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door and damaging your car on a curb. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Volkswagen Eos.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for bills such as funeral costs, chiropractic care and surgery. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive coverage – This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from flooding, damage from getting keyed, a broken windshield and rock chips in glass. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability car insurance – This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical services, bail bonds, emergency aid and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Don’t throw your cash in the trash
We just covered many ideas to shop for 2014 Volkswagen Eos insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the smaller companies.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, poor customer service, high prices and even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
Cheaper insurance can be sourced online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance coverage companies may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
Even more information is located in the articles below:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,088|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,259|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$93|
|5-yr Claim Free||$85|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$57|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.